F1 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 2021

Well Alonso' much anticipated return may be hampered by a cycling accident. Possible broken jaw and is recovering in hospital. Hamilton signed a new contract, well, was there ever any doubt?? Engine specifications have been frozen for the next few years. Will Honda opt back in?? Portimao circuit should be confirmed again this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing these cars back on track.
    ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Ah man, that's not good for Alonso.

I hadn't paid attention to the engine regs. This means Red Bull will take over the Honda engine, right?
    I'm with the resistance

Comment

I wonder will Super Hulk be called upon to fill in for Alonso.

Something else that looks set to be introduced is the Sprint Race on Saturday. It will be roughly 1/3 distance of a full race and should do away with fuel/tyre management.

Comment

The aero is supposed to be simplified too isn't it?
        www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

I like the sprint race idea. The more racing the better pretty much and always good to thrown in some additional complexity for the teams as they're too good at managing races these days.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
            Ah man, that's not good for Alonso.

I hadn't paid attention to the engine regs. This means Red Bull will take over the Honda engine, right?
            Just seen this... https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/02...milton-keynes/

Reading on some other sites Honda will still be involved in a sort of back seat role. Honda are too conservative and don’t like to take risks. They wanted another year back in 2014 before rejoining the F1 calendar but Ron Dennis convinced them otherwise and see how that turned out, “gp2 engine”. Redbull taking over meaning RB take all the risks, will push the engine more and the 2025 engine regs might see Honda back as the renewable bio fuel era kicks off.
            ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

Is this going to be a Tag Heuer engine perhaps?
              I'm with the resistance

Comment

They said they’re open to put a name on the RB Powertrain, but I’m not sure if that will be of their own build for the next era. I can’t see a Honda allowing thei engine being rebadged unless RB completely buys them out.

Comment

Couldn't care any less at this stage....once they put it behind a paywall I lost any interest. I was a lifelong Mclaren fan but it's too expensive to follow and the sport is more about off track antics than on track racing.

Comment

There’s not a lot of sport worth watching that is free so... it is what it is.
                    I'm with the resistance

Comment

Redbull takeover of Honda F1 tech confirmed from 2022 - 2025.
                      https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...gine-takeover/

Comment

Was reading this earlier. Exiting times for Redbull!

Comment

Originally posted by Smythy411 View Post
                          Was reading this earlier. Exiting times for Redbull!
                          But who will Christian be able to blame now?

Comment

They've already said they're happy with the Honda PU, they need to sort their aero out, the last two seasons they started off worse, they need to hit the ground running and not chasing themselves and then the Mercs.

Will be interesting to see if McLaren improve. Williams having the strongest PU on the grid the last few years shows that it's not all PU related and aero chassis balance is key.

Comment

Originally posted by thos View Post
                              But who will Christian be able to blame now?
                              Not a fan? In a ruthless sport he stands out as being particularly so....
                              2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
                              2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo
                              2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
                              2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
                              1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
                              1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

Working...
                              X