No announcement yet.

Ceramic Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After having used that Meguiars stuff three times (I think), I have a noticeable ceramic coating on the cars and it is noticeably easier to wash the cars also. So it seems to be doing something. It’s not exactly as simple as just spraying it on, it takes a good bit of towel usage to get a clear finish particularly on a black car.

Comment

Which one have you used DMZ? The Turtlewax one is supposed to be great too

Comment

This one: https://www.meguiars.co.uk/introduci...d-ceramic-wax/

I've only applied once per wash.

I actually bought some more the other day so I can humour myself with something during the ZA.

Comment

Dad's had a few of his cars ceramic coated. Used Brian in Spirit Detailing - he is excellent.

I really admire the work that goes into these things.

For myself normally when I buy a car I do a full stage compound etc and use a high quality wax - I'm very fond of the spray waxes myself.

I like my cars to be clean and bead well but I don't chase perfection - life is too short I feel to be worrying about every little scratch on a car.

Comment

I finally got around to using Soft99 Fusso Wax. Supposed to have Teflon or some such in it. Easy enough to apply and the beading has been great. Washed the car for the first time after yesterday and it defo seemed easier to wash and the dirt fell off it.

Comment

What about this sh1t???!? - fire and a guy in a white coat half looking into a microscope!!!

We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Washed the car yesterday and used this: https://www.turtlewax.com/en-gb/our-...ine-rinse-wax/

Spray on, rinse off, dry car. Easy Peasy.

Really happy with the results, probably the slickest I've ever felt a car. Ceramic infused too so will be interesting to see longevity.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                Working...
                X