• Deadly Dave
    replied
    Thanks for the advice guys

Leave a comment:

• JHWP
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadly Dave View Post
    Thread revival.

What brand of snow foam and where can it be bought please ?
    If you are looking for a snow-foam that actually does what snow-foam is designed to do i.e. clean, then don't bother with anything else other than Bilt Hamber Auto Foam - http://www.bilthamber.com/auto-foam There is no better cleaning snow-foam on the market in my opinion.

If you are looking to play with lots of foam and bubbles and not actually clean your car then have a bubble bath or buy/use any other snow-foam as Auto Foam doesn't foam up like traditional snow-foams.

The dilution is very important to get right for it to work properly. It depends on the flow rate of the pressure washer being used so will vary between setups. Bilt Hamber recommend between 4% and 5% but this is needed at the car panel, not in the detergent reservoir. Exactly how much you need will depend on how dirty your car is, I use between 3% and 5%. You need to fill your detergent bottle full of plain water. Turn the detergent feed on full then discharge the lance into a container until the detergent reservoir is empty of water. Measure the total amount of water collected. Work out 4 - 5% of the water amount collected. This amount is the the amount of auto-foam you need to use in your reservoir. Calculations for my particular setup are below -

13.5 liters needed to empty detergent reservoir

Converted to milliliters: 1,3500 ml

Based on 1 liter / 500 ml mix
    3% = 405 ml / 202 ml
    3.5% = 472 ml / 236 ml
    4% = 540 ml / 270 ml
    4.5% = 607 ml / 303 ml
    5% = 675 ml / 337 ml

Usually a 500 ml mix will do one car for me.

In relation to where it can it be bought - I buy my detailing supplies from Dave @ The Detailing Shed - http://www.detailingshed.com. Couldn't recommend him enough - top bloke, advice and service. He'll sort you out with all the Auto Foam you need.
    Last edited by JHWP; 17-05-2017, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TRD3000GT
    replied
    Snow Foam Lance Guide

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=303561

Leave a comment:

• KevC
    replied
    Originally posted by shane_c View Post
    ... let me know what W4 is like Kev, handy that D&D are selling it too.
    Will do. It's very handy indeed. Half the reason I'm going to try it.

Leave a comment:

• shane_c
    replied
    Also been using BH autofoam for awhile, very good cleaning power as KevC has said, let me know what W4 is like Kev, handy that D&D are selling it too.

Leave a comment:

• KevC
    replied
    Yeah, BH Auto Foam is excellent. I'm nearly finished my second 5L bottle. It doesn't have a spectacular foam like some would use as a selling point, instead it is just a good cleaner. I've bought it off Detailing Shed. I think I'm going to try G-Techniq W4 next.

Leave a comment:

• SkylineSi
    replied
    bilt hamber snowfoam with an autobrite snow foam lance

Detailing Shed should have the bilt hamber in stock and a suitable lance based on your pressure washer. If not, autobrite lances from the UK are very good. but generally they are all the same. just dont waste your money on the karcher snow foam lance. as useful as a chocolate teapot

Leave a comment:

• Smokey Bear
    replied
    I hear good stuff about bilt hamber.

Leave a comment:

• Deadly Dave
    replied
    Thread revival.

What brand of snow foam and where can it be bought please ?

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Snow foam use on an old car not cared for is a waste of time.

But for those that regularly polish and maintain the bodywork its a godsend. I had a white TME three day detail to take back yellowing paint to original shine..the snowfoam nearly cleaned the car itself forever afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Daveboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gero98 View Post
    Thanks Daveboy!
    I doubt I'll see you among the flock of 14 in another restaurant
    I've been told mixed stories about Reflect, but I must convince myself to at least visit the shop in the near future...
    Me too, never visited their shop but usually hijack (not literally) their van which calls to the local service station on monday afternoons. The lads are always sound to deal with and
    know their products very well. Also cheap for nitrile gloves too !

Leave a comment:

• Gero98
    replied
    Originally posted by PjC View Post
    @Gero98 - sorry for hijacking lol
    A bit of hijacking never hurts... 😂

Leave a comment:

• Gero98
    replied
    Thanks Daveboy!
    I doubt I'll see you among the flock of 14 in another restaurant
    I've been told mixed stories about Reflect, but I must convince myself to at least visit the shop in the near future...
    Last edited by Gero98; 28-07-2015, 01:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• green-blood
    replied
    One of many uk distributers

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/elite-...-snow-foam.php

Leave a comment:

• PjC
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I know this is not the purpose of the thread, but Snow Foam = Morkeshing B0ll0x IMO. Complete and utter waste of money designed for detailing geeks easily parted from it.
    I'm not so sure. If the car's paint still has a coat of wax on and isn't caked in muck, many times a good snow foam left to sit for a few minutes and a rinse is all the car needs. Wheels will need the usually clean of course.

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X