This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the donedeal thread?

Last edited by MX5 Ryan; 04-12-2022, 12:39 AM.

There’s something amiss alright, I was quoted by someone on a post, but I’m not authorised to view it🤔
    I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Last edited by MX5 Ryan; 04-12-2022, 12:39 AM.

Comment

It's temporarily closed because folks that can't read the rules keep spoiling this for everyone.

In the meantime, take some time to reacquaint yourselves with them, especially the last two.

Terms and Conditions (aka Forum Rules) - Backroads Forums
        https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Rules of "no posting without an ad" "no discussing ads" and "breach of rules = instaban" might resolve it.

Comment

If you guys would like to stick around beyond your 1 post I suggest you read the T&C’s and understand that we do not want to be in the middle of whatever spat this is.

Like crank said, we are closing the discussion for a day or two and hopefully normality can then return.

Comment

Do they not have a similar, more serious issue on autostadt right now? I thought the mods had been extremely relaxed of late on the thread and I pointed out a few times that folk, mostly non octane folk were taking the piss.

Youd rarely consider those with the strongest of opinions nett contributors to the forum.

So fellas take it as a life lesson as well as a forum/thread one, if you’ve nothing nice to say , say nothing at all.
              If you’ve got a problem with that , feel free to ask Dmz & crank for your subscription back…..

No offence Aaron , I see the reg date but what a stupid fcukin question….. it killed the last, best forum in the country, but why is it still a problem

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRA View Post
                Rules of "no posting without an ad" "no discussing ads" and "breach of rules = instaban" might resolve it.
                I understand the need for rules but no discussing ads is a bit Boards! I like the comments about cars on the thread and the insights about a particular car or model. As long as people kop on and uses some sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron

I think they've both got more than one post each. Whatever the moderators did last night to make the thread disappear seems to have reset the post count that appears on several user profiles.

What is it about the DoneDeal thread on Backroads (and Octane)? Almost every other Irish motoring forum has one and it's not an issue on those sites like it is here. Why is that?
                  Apologies, you may well be right re the post count.

Like I wrote before, we do not want to sit in the middle of a dispute. If other forums are happy to do so, then I suggest have the discussion there and they can deal with the consequences if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Batster View Post

I understand the need for rules but no discussing ads is a bit Boards! I like the comments about cars on the thread and the insights about a particular car or model. As long as people kop on and uses some sense!
                    Surely if the comments are genuine and help a potential buyer of a car with a hidden or non-disclosed history, then they serve the forums interests best?

Comment

It is not a boards.ie level of non-discussion, again folks read the relevant rules..

8. No naming and shaming. Deal with it directly or via means open to you.
                      9. No negative comments on For Sale ads.

You can discuss any ad to your hearts content as long as you abide by these two rules. It's not hard to understand?

If someone is seriously thinking about buying a car, they can ask forum members to contact them via PM. Just negative public comments on cars that we have no way of verifying one way or another are absolutely NOT the buyer protection or public service people seem to think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by crank_case View Post
                        It is not a boards.ie level of non-discussion, again folks read the relevant rules..

8. No naming and shaming. Deal with it directly or via means open to you.
                        9. No negative comments on For Sale ads.

You can discuss any ad to your hearts content as long as you abide by these two rules. It's not hard to understand?

If someone is seriously thinking about buying a car, they can ask forum members to contact them via PM. Just negative public comments on cars that we have no way of verifying one way or another are absolutely NOT the buyer protection or public service people seem to think it is.
                        There was a car mentioned in the Donedeal thread a few days ago where a previous owner posted a photo of that car showing crash damage to it. It was as clear as day that the car had history. How is it not in the forums interest to make the community aware of this? There was proof in the form of the photo to verify what the poster was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by R32 View Post

There was a car mentioned in the Donedeal thread a few days ago where a previous owner posted a photo of that car showing crash damage to it. It was as clear as day that the car had history. How is it not in the forums interest to make the community aware of this? There was proof in the form of the photo to verify what the poster was saying.
                          We're not getting into it and there is a lot of subtlety to any situation. No matter what you think, the facts of a situation are rarely as straightforward as they seem.

Either way, you are ignoring the rules that are laid out before such situations arise.

Have you read them? Do you understand them?

If you read them and understand them but do not wish to abide by them, then you can discuss such things on forums that apparently have no problem with such things, but I suspect, don't have the same traffic or profile as a central destination for Irish car culture as backroads.ie.

Comment

Generally, if a car appears in the thread that has "history" which is known to a member, they'll just state any interested parties to PM them about the vehicle.
                            This avoids any repercussions /public slating on the forum and will give a heads up to the potential buyer of that vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeTI View Post
                              Generally, if a car appears in the thread that has "history" which is known to a member, they'll just state any interested parties to PM them about the vehicle.
                              This avoids any repercussions /public slating on the forum and will give a heads up to the potential buyer of that vehicle.
                              Exactly, there are sensible, discreet, non public ways of notifying serious buyers.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X