Lower end full resprays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower end full resprays

Looking for some recommendations for a full respray on a van I'm converting into a camper.

I have my usual painter(s) for cars and have no problem spending €4-5k on a decent car respray but I'm not looking for that level of a finish on this.

Windows staying in etc. , I just want it presentable, I'll probably go with a gun metal grey or similar, it's currently white.

Just an exterior job, not doing engine bay, inside doors etc.

I know it's a strange question but any recommendations for a lower end job that's still decent but doesn't need to be near show quality.

DIY with Coach Paint and a roller and applicator? You'd be surprised the results people turn out.

Comment

Would there be any young lads or apprentices working in those paint shops you usually use?

They might be up for doing that sort of paint job as a sideline/evening job.
      They should obviously be a lot cheaper as a result maybe but still do a pretty decent job on it.

Comment

What's about wrapping it ?

Comment

Originally posted by deltona View Post
          DIY with Coach Paint and a roller and applicator? You'd be surprised the results people turn out.
          Might be an option alright other than the time involved, I'd need to fill dents and I've enough time to spend finishing the van since I'm doing it fully myself

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
            Would there be any young lads or apprentices working in those paint shops you usually use?

They might be up for doing that sort of paint job as a sideline/evening job.
            They should obviously be a lot cheaper as a result maybe but still do a pretty decent job on it.
            Yeah good shout, I'll see is there anyone like that in any of the shops 👍

Comment

Originally posted by 993C4 View Post
              What's about wrapping it ?
              Don't think it's a suitable wrapping job, it's a typical van with 10+ dents that need filled first so I'd have to pay someone to fully prep the van before a wrap was applied

Unless do the wrapping companies do this type of prep work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC1 View Post
                Might be an option alright other than the time involved, I'd need to fill dents and I've enough time to spend finishing the van since I'm doing it fully myself
                I've heard good things about rustoleum applied with a roller

Comment

I painted my old Hilux with enamel paint and a brush. If had bothered to rub it down and polish it after it would have been quite a good finish.
                  Deadly Dave

Comment

Where are you based (or willing to travel)? I might know a lad.

Comment

Try Gabor Auto in Glasnevin if you are in Dublin (087 069 6262) - have found him to be the right balance of quality & price

Comment

Originally posted by BF1979 View Post
                        Try Gabor Auto in Glasnevin if you are in Dublin (087 069 6262) - have found him to be the right balance of quality & price
                        He did my touring, was exactly who I was going to suggest

Comment

Cheers for that lads, I've give him a shout on Monday for a estimate 👍

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X