Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions & Recommendations for Repairing Door Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions & Recommendations for Repairing Door Cards?

So the fabric covering on the door cards of a W201 Merc are shrinking with age etc and coming away from the window seals/top of the door cards.

Does anybody have any suggestions for somebody who can repair these? Basically soften and stretch the membrane/material back into place and make it good to the door cards again with adhesive.
    Repair is the preferred option, rather than re-cover, so as to maintain the colour matching of the entire interior. It's aged remarkably well, and would really like to maintain it as original as possible.

Pics below show clearly what the issue is re. shrinkage;

PXL_20210726_140151185.jpgPXL_20210726_140153292.jpgPXL_20210726_140224649.jpg
    Attached Files

You could ask the people in Gliptone, very helpful.

Or possibly A and T Autostyle in Kilkenny.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Thanks Tristan. Will start with A&T and see what they say.

Is there a distributor or agent for Gliptone in Ireland, or would you suggest emailing their US office?

Comment

When I bought Gliptone, it was from these guys.
        https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/

Sorry, I thought they traded by that name rather than liquid leather.

Peter in OCD (Detailing) in Ferbane does a lot of leather repairs and even does classes.
        www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post

Peter in OCD (Detailing) in Ferbane does a lot of leather repairs and even does classes.
          I have purchased a few cleaning products from Peter, though never had a job done. I have seen some of his work and it is very good.

Comment

Thanks very much guys - much appreciated!

Comment

As above I have found OCD very good to deal with, albeit just buying cleaning kit.

I also wouldn't mind finding new door cards for the Abarth that don't creak and rattle and come off and are made of the cheapest plastic know to man so if anyone knows if the many, many , many later/special versions came with some kind of better quality faux leather jobbies, I'd be all ears.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
              Working...
              X