Lexus suspension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexus suspension.

The Lexus 450h went through the NCT a week or so ago and there was an imbalance in the front suspension. The tester said replace the shock and it should be ok. Grand says I that's getting away light enough.
    I pulled out the shock last week and started to see where I would get one and it has turned into a bit of a saga. It seems these shocks are prone to leaking andmuch sought after second hand. I think the one I have taken out is not the original and a new OEM shock from Lexus is close to €500 when it gets to me and then if the opposite shock is not the original perhaps there will be another imbalance in the test?
    My auto factor and any dismantler I have been in touch with can not help so here is the elusive item.

20220510_214824 lexus.jpg

There is nothing coming up when I try to google that number. I know some people have fitted GS300 shocks to the 450h but I am at a loss to know which of these suit.

Any Lexus /Toyota heads here that knows a good parts source?

All I know is when I had similar issues, my local Polish monkey gave up trying to source 'new/oem' parts/shocks and even trying to get a second hand seat belt the fcukin rescue sheep dog ate, turned into a mission. The NCT is so far out of date I gave up and paid €250 for a new one.
    I've never seen any value in 2nd hand suspension parts, false economy and all that, but aware Lexus parts prices ain't to be sniffed at.
    Like a mischievous child, when she was good, she was very very good but when she was bad she was baaa€€€€aaa€€€€d

Comment

A mission is right Foyler. I am waiting for a car to come into a breaker if it does not arrive today I will have to escalate. Two new shocks is the sensible thing to do but a grand on two shocks does not make much sense to me on a 2007 car.

Comment

Did you try Megazip or Amayama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What about a refurb, does anyone in this country offer that?

Also I did a search on that part number and there’s some second hand parts on eBay UK based mainly... https://www.ebay.ie/itm/174435972532...4AAOSwd59e91gF
          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by HawkAl View Post
            Did you try Megazip or Amayama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks HawkAl as I am new to Japanese cars this is the sort of information I am looking for. Nothing showing in the site searches but I have another part number left at work which I will try tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
              What about a refurb, does anyone in this country offer that?

Also I did a search on that part number and there’s some second hand parts on eBay UK based mainly... https://www.ebay.ie/itm/174435972532...4AAOSwd59e91gF
              I’m not sure about the refurb Bazg2 I haven’t heard anyone offering that service.

I'm looking for a front left. Not many on eBay but when taxes etc. Are added they work out dear enough.

Has as anyone used these, it is the first I have heard of them. Nothing in stock for me though.

https://dalys.lt/en

Comment

Originally posted by Sideline View Post

Thanks HawkAl as I am new to Japanese cars this is the sort of information I am looking for. Nothing showing in the site searches but I have another part number left at work which I will try tomorrow.
                I've used both those sites and they are legitimate. You can search by VIN, and drill down to the suspension diagrams to see if the part number has been updated. if it can't be had on either of those sites then I'd say you're out of luck with OEM options

Comment

Amayama is Russian so could be restricted, not sure about megazip, also try crooober.com... https://www.croooober.com/en/item/cp...Suspension-Kit
                  I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on those sites, they are all new to me. I went for a new replacement which should be with me next week from Kelly’s Toyota in Letterkenny.

Comment

I know some people on the UK Lexus owners club order from Rockautos in the US. Prices and delivery are meant to be very good or u could try Lexuspartsdirect UK.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X