No announcement yet.

Wait wait a new actual petrol car that looks great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! The fact that they have brought out a second generation speaks for itself regarding sales success.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

The 86 sold very well worldwide, I'm sure the GR86 will follow suit. I'd have one new if I could afford it...
      Comic Sans, the choice of the professional.

Comment

I would not have bought the older model unless very cheap but this new one looks like they fixed a lot of the issues I had with the old one, I really like the new one.
        My car history:
        1995 Honda Civic, 2002 Honda Civic Vtec-i,1998 FTO GX, 1998 Toyota Chaser, 1995 Toyota Supra, 2001 Toyota MR2, 2007 Nissan Cube, 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Heilong View Post
          I would not have bought the older model unless very cheap but this new one looks like they fixed a lot of the issues I had with the old one, I really like the new one.
          What were the issues that you didn't like?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Limerick View Post

What were the issues that you didn't like?
            General performance vs price, It was the same speed as an MK3 MR2 but lacked the light weight midengined fast handling of that car which cost 3k vs 16k+ at the time.

The new one looks better and has an improved power delivery.
            Last edited by Chris_Heilong; 07-04-2022, 07:59 PM.
            My car history:
            1995 Honda Civic, 2002 Honda Civic Vtec-i,1998 FTO GX, 1998 Toyota Chaser, 1995 Toyota Supra, 2001 Toyota MR2, 2007 Nissan Cube, 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z

Comment

Hi people, I was talking to a MD at a Cork Toyota garage. So the Irish GR86s are meant to be arriving after the UK get theirs and will have a little tweak to them. He said it might be something small like different headlights or something to do with the infotainment or whatever that was the example he gave me. Ireland is not getting the Base model just the Premium model. He said he was on to people in Dublin and he has been told after VRT and all he thinks ur talking €65000!!!
              Please don't shoot the messenger cos I hope I'm wrong but that's me fecked!!!

Comment

Just to add that the UK Base model is starting around 30000 sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by RY4 View Post
                  Hi people, I was talking to a MD at a Cork Toyota garage. So the Irish GR86s are meant to be arriving after the UK get theirs and will have a little tweak to them. He said it might be something small like different headlights or something to do with the infotainment or whatever that was the example he gave me. Ireland is not getting the Base model just the Premium model. He said he was on to people in Dublin and he has been told after VRT and all he thinks ur talking €65000!!!
                  Please don't shoot the messenger cos I hope I'm wrong but that's me fecked!!!
                  Sounds about right for over here in good old Rip off republic!
                  Shocked its even getting here!

Comment

Crazy. I’m sure you guys have seen that the UK allocation sold out in 40 mins so the UK price is working a bit better. I wouldn’t be surprised if Toyota is limiting supply as well for tedious average corporate CO2 reasons or chip shortages or whatever. Not that this is going to be much of an issue here.

Comment

So
                      30k USD in the states
                      35k USD in Japan, Germany, Spain
                      40k USD in the UK

and

f**king 70k USD in rip off Ireland.

Whats the point. Well I guess that is the point of Ireland, at least when it comes to motoring. I've given up at this stage and I would have been an enthusiast motorist for the last 15/20 years. Everything is for the rich over here now

Comment

So looks like You’d easily buy a Supra cheaper in other countries than an 86 here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A Supra is 53k Euro in Spain, 49k in Germany.

GR Yaris is 35k in both.

I'd have a GR86 at European prices on the drive tomorrow if I could. Its about the only new car on sale that brings me back to the cars I had in the early 2000s. But I'm not throwing 30k down the toilet for it over here.

Comment

Agree it looks great, I also love new Nissan Z

https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/f...-nissan-z.html
                            Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

UK Allocation sold out already!

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/to...st-90-minutes/
                              If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X