Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ahanejohn View Post
    Postal Pickup in Derry is another option.
    I've never used them but I saw a van advertising 'Space Hub Derry' today. Just in case that's any use to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hooch View Post
      Ballysimon tyres will do them for €15 a corner fitted and balanced.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
      Very local much appreciated

Comment

Will never use Oponeo again.... Ordered a pair of 245/50R18 on July 29th.

Received 1 tyre on the 5th August, Second tyre never showed up..... Emailed and was told it was a DPD problem, Emailed DPD for them to say it was never collected. Back to oponeo and told wait minimum 30 days to see what happens.

Ended up having to order a single tyre as I needed the car on the road and now chasing them for a refund for the tyre that was never delivered.

Saved over €60 per tyre by ordering online and fitting myself.

Comment

Originally posted by E36Ross View Post
          Will never use Oponeo again.... Ordered a pair of 245/50R18 on July 29th.

Received 1 tyre on the 5th August, Second tyre never showed up..... Emailed and was told it was a DPD problem, Emailed DPD for them to say it was never collected. Back to oponeo and told wait minimum 30 days to see what happens.

Ended up having to order a single tyre as I needed the car on the road and now chasing them for a refund for the tyre that was never delivered.

Saved over €60 per tyre by ordering online and fitting myself.
          I had an instance with oponeo like this once. I have used them for years without a problem. It was the courier at fault. He was not bothered to find my house and claimed it was an incorrect address even though it had postcode etc. I think it was fast way. Oponeo were not that helpful and many many calls later and emails I was told the same to wait the 30 days. It was very unsatisfactory but I have used them again.

I have four to buy now for my van and I am thinking of using tyreleader who are a little cheaper on this tyre. I am going to order early just in case as any of them can let you down with couriers but the company should do the running on following up and not the customer.

I hope you get sorted okay.

Comment

Just bought 4 from openeo, came much faster than anticipated. X4 245/35/20 sport contact 7s. Openo were cheaper than the other sites for that tyre.

The price of michilins has increased massively!

Comment

Are tyre manufacturers reducing thread depth, Michelin I was told were always about 7mm new iirc where as some others were 8mm thread depth new, but after buying tyres last year I didn’t read up before I bought and apparently the Bridgestone sports were something like 6mm, which is a balls. Do any of the sites list thread depth of the tyres?
              I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by CollieD View Post

I had an instance with oponeo like this once. I have used them for years without a problem. It was the courier at fault. He was not bothered to find my house and claimed it was an incorrect address even though it had postcode etc. I think it was fast way. Oponeo were not that helpful and many many calls later and emails I was told the same to wait the 30 days. It was very unsatisfactory but I have used them again.

I have four to buy now for my van and I am thinking of using tyreleader who are a little cheaper on this tyre. I am going to order early just in case as any of them can let you down with couriers but the company should do the running on following up and not the customer.

I hope you get sorted okay.
                Before you even mentioned the name I already knew it was Fastway. They are a total joke of a company. I've had trouble from some courier companies, but by far and away Fastway have been the worst.

Comment

I had issues with fastway last week. Claims he tried to deliver two days running despite my gate intercom dialling my phone and then my wife's and neither of us having missed calls.
                  THe lad from DPD that cover my area is brilliant, not sure if I'm lucky or not.

Comment

In my view buying tyres online only ever makes sense if you’re getting wheels refurbished, otherwise you’re just better off going to a local garage.

The saving is never worth it and you have to put up with couriers and stuff - there’s easier ways to save money…

Comment

I find buying them online is the easiest way, not a common fitment for my car I guess but tyre shops would never gave them in stock and the cost to order them in us always more than supplying myself. Usually about 100quid savings but yeah not massive in some cases either

Comment

Fastway are a joke, I've had them deliver stuff to a random house 2 or 3km away and sign for deliveries as me. I hate seeing them pop up as the courier option.

Comment

Originally posted by Timm View Post
                          I find buying them online is the easiest way, not a common fitment for my car I guess but tyre shops would never gave them in stock and the cost to order them in us always more than supplying myself. Usually about 100quid savings but yeah not massive in some cases either
                          Yeah I'd be of the same thought as this. I must order a pair of tyres tomorrow off Tyreleader.ie... If anyone can find me a tyre shop that will supply some 255/45R17 Yokohama AD08RS's for cheaper and won't complain about it, I'd happily go there. I would always bring my X5 into a local place in Cork for tyres as he does me a fair deal for tyres, fitting and alignment... And I don't want the hassle of dealing with huge 315/35/R20 tyres

Comment

Originally posted by 166man View Post
                            In my view buying tyres online only ever makes sense if you’re getting wheels refurbished, otherwise you’re just better off going to a local garage.

The saving is never worth it and you have to put up with couriers and stuff - there’s easier ways to save money…
                            I spent €1500 on a tyre machine and balancer 2 years ago.... Just the last 2 tyres I fitted I saved €120, Even at €30 saving a tyre it'll take only 50 tyres to pay for itself.

Added bonus of swapping around tyres between different sets of wheels for the project cars, getting the exact tyres I want and the only muppet that can scratch my wheels is me.

Comment

Originally posted by E36Ross View Post

I spent €1500 on a tyre machine and balancer 2 years ago.... Just the last 2 tyres I fitted I saved €120, Even at €30 saving a tyre it'll take only 50 tyres to pay for itself.

Added bonus of swapping around tyres between different sets of wheels for the project cars, getting the exact tyres I want and the only muppet that can scratch my wheels is me.
                              I mean that’s one way to do it but involves a different level of complexity.

I think last year I purchased 32 tyres and the only ones I got online were if I was getting a set of wheels repaired or refurbished.

Anything else I just go to a good independent garage.

Comment

When you're comparing cost, you also need to allow for your own time going to and hanging round the tyre centre. For 4 tyres, this can take 2 hours out of your day. I work as a consultant on an hourly rate, so can sit in my office working away while James Rowan (great guy) is changing the tyres in the driveway

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X