Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyres

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tyres

    Are Oponeo still the best place to buy tyres online or is there a better option out there? Looking for 2 F1 Assym 5's ideally but happy to try others if the price is right

  • #2
    Haven’t bought tyres online, but eiretyres seem to have good deals of late and I am tempted to buy for future needs.....
    https://www.eiretyres.com/search?sor...hicleTypes=OFF
    I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
      Are Oponeo still the best place to buy tyres online or is there a better option out there? Looking for 2 F1 Assym 5's ideally but happy to try others if the price is right
      Recently those particular tyres were cheapest on TyreLeader website when I was searching I did not pull trigger yet!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
        Are Oponeo still the best place to buy tyres online or is there a better option out there? Looking for 2 F1 Assym 5's ideally but happy to try others if the price is right
        I used TyreLeader recently Mikey, they were the cheapest I found online. I bought online as I was getting wheels refurbished but maybe try your local tyre crowd, saves dragging 4 tyres down and asking for fitting etc 👍

        Comment


        • #5
          Tyreleader are €18 a tyre cheaper for the eagle f1's and 15 for the Conti sport contact 5s. Didn't expect that much of a difference tbh

          Comment


          • #6
            Shane I use the lads in westside autos kilcock to fit tyres, decent guys and don't charge much. They are also decent at 4wa aswell. Not a million miles from you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
              Tyreleader are €18 a tyre cheaper for the eagle f1's and 15 for the Conti sport contact 5s. Didn't expect that much of a difference tbh
              They are the cheapest online lately it seems!

              Comment


              • #8
                Depends on brand, size etc.

                I actually thought tyres were going to be higher price due to raw materials shortages, but maybe the suppliers are over stocked and are selling off due to lower mileage use/needs from the consumers??
                I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mike, I was pricing 4x Michelin PS4s recently and found there was a saving on offer by shipping tyres from blackcircles.co.uk to one of the NI parcel motels. Now it was ‘only’ €60-70 or so (and needs a discount code) meaning I’d need to combine the purchase with something else to make the trip worthwhile but still, worth pricing up.

                  Other than that I’ve always found oponeo cheapest but always ask your local tyre place because over time I found they were able to get close to the internet price or even beat it. If you’re not in a hurry they might be able to advise of promotions, for example Michelin run regular fuel voucher/cash back offers that can make buying locally worthwhile. Then there’s the benefit of comeback off a local fella etc and differences in fitting costs etc.
                  Last edited by Flet; 05-02-2022, 07:24 PM.
                  1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                  2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                  2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What places do tyre fitting and balancing in south Dublin. Seems like Templeogue tyre's are gone.

                    I got a good few changed at back yard garage in Drimnagh. But they aren't balanced.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Got a set of tyres a couple of weeks ago from Oponeo. They were a fiver cheaper with Eiretyres (I think), but they use Fartway to deliver, and I avoid them like the plague, so I went with Oponeo for the extra, and delivered no hassle by DPD.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I tried black circles but their prices are pricier

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Grip500 have been the cheapest for me the last few months.

                          I got screwed around with TyreOutlet before Christmas, Ordered 4 Firestones that were €10/€15ish cheaper than anywhere else only for them to email saying they weren't it stock.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Flet View Post
                            Mike, I was pricing 4x Michelin PS4s recently and found there was a saving on offer by shipping tyres from blackcircles.co.uk to one of the NI parcel motels. Now it was ‘only’ €60-70 or so (and needs a discount code) meaning I’d need to combine the purchase with something else to make the trip worthwhile but still, worth pricing up.

                            Other than that I’ve always found oponeo cheapest but always ask your local tyre place because over time I found they were able to get close to the internet price or even beat it. If you’re not in a hurry they might be able to advise of promotions, for example Michelin run regular fuel voucher/cash back offers that can make buying locally worthwhile. Then there’s the benefit of comeback off a local fella etc and differences in fitting costs etc.
                            Is there a company doing a pobox service in the North?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looked at uk sites as I'm heading over to my parents in a few weeks but none can come close to the prices for Ireland.
                              grip500 are coming in at more than tyreleader. Only thing I have to decide is if the f1's are worth more than the Conti sc5s.

                              Comment

                              Bottom of thread

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X