Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motoring questions you are afraid to ask.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is ridiculous. Contact your solicitor. The lady’s insurance will end up paying for repairs, car hire, depreciation and solicitor’s fees.
    Just get in with it. Your mum is being messed about. Let a professional handle it.
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Comment

• Originally posted by TRD3000GT View Post

guards informed , said it is a civil matter, nothing to do with them

Jeep , her insurance is aware she admitted liability and as such verbally contacted my mam, they will fix , was to email on details but still trying to get someone to talk to us

Consensus seems to be a solicitor, if all else fails
      It's damn strange that they don't want this sorted when she admitted liability to her own insurance company.

At this stage, I think Lucanlaw is right. Get a solicitor onto it, and that should light a fire under their ass.
      Last edited by Zoom; 16-05-2022, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucanlaw View Post
        This is ridiculous. Contact your solicitor. The lady’s insurance will end up paying for repairs, car hire, depreciation and solicitor’s fees.
        Just get in with it. Your mum is being messed about. Let a professional handle it.
        yep.
        Messing with people is too cheap in Ireland.
        Get a solicitor involved, and get it all covered.
        "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
        "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Comment

• Another insurance question, maybe a silly one. I was reversed into recently, other driver thankfully was a gent and accepted responsibility and has paid me cash for the damage which was minor.
          I had reported it to my insurance on the day and now they are chasing me for a follow up, looking for quotes and photos etc.

Is it ok to tell my insurance that the other driver paid me directly even after I reported it to them and they started the case?
          Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarquini View Post
            Another insurance question, maybe a silly one. I was reversed into recently, other driver thankfully was a gent and accepted responsibility and has paid me cash for the damage which was minor.
            I had reported it to my insurance on the day and now they are chasing me for a follow up, looking for quotes and photos etc.

Is it ok to tell my insurance that the other driver paid me directly even after I reported it to them and they started the case?
            Cheers.
            Before making any contact with your insurance company, it might be worth having a read through your insurance documents (your policy documents or whatever they're called) to make sure that the way you 'frame' the information you give them is within the framework of those documents.

I got the impression that the policy agreement/document/proposal (apologies, I don't know the correct term) is almost like a contract between insurer and insured.

I say this because my experience has been that each policy is different and nothing should be assumed with insurance but I should point out, I am absolutely not qualified to give advice so if someone more knowledgeable says different then maybe go with what they say

Comment

• Originally posted by tarquini View Post
              Another insurance question, maybe a silly one. I was reversed into recently, other driver thankfully was a gent and accepted responsibility and has paid me cash for the damage which was minor.

Cheers.
              I'll preface this by saying I am not a solicitor nor have I worked in insurance etc. but I do have some experience relevant to the question unfortunately.

My car got written off by a truck in the UK. I contacted my insurer as I believe I was legally required to do.

I advised them what had happened, that I was stationary and got crashed into and that I was in no way liable. Most of all I told them I DID NOT WANT TO MAKE A CLAIM.

The next day while waiting at London City Airport for my MEDEVAC flight (not really, cityjet and they were very sound about me having extra bags and a helmet etc) - I got an email from Liberty to tell me that my claim had been filed. I was as confused and frustrated as you might well be.

Basically - they're covering their own hole. They indemnify you in case of any accident or claim being filed down the line (think the time limit here is 5 years but could be wrong) - so for up to 5 years after stop being their customer, at any point a claim could be filed against you and they could be held liable etc.

In my case, which I would assume to be quite similar to yours - even though you haven't made a claim with your own insurer, they have opened a claim on your policy to investigate whats happened and to ensure beyond any shadow of a doubt that you (meaning they) are in no way liable or at fault.

I had to meet with a claims manager acting on behalf of Liberty - showed her the photos and gave her a detailed account of what happened and where etc etc etc. She was happy that I was not liable or at fault in any way, she then fed that information back into the sytem and they were able to close the claim that I didn't ask them to open. FFS.

In my case, unfortunately my policy renewal came due while I had this "open claim" on my policy, so instead of being asked for say €750 I was instead being quoted close on €2000. All automated, so the system doesn't take into account that the claim will likely find that you were not at fault, if your renewal falls due before they get this straightened out - you may be in for a bit of a fright.

Fortunately they sent the renewal notice a good month before the expiry so I called them up and calmly explained that if they wanted to keep me as a customer they would need to offer me a fair renewal on the basis that I was not liable and it was merely a formality that they were investigating the circumstancs of what had happened. Luckily they sorted their :D:D:D:D out before my renewal was due to be paid a few weeks later on.

So yeah - ar5e covering is all it is. But I have no idea in terms of should you have taken cash or whether thats frowned upon for any reason etc. Hopefully someone working in insurance can confirm, I'm sure there are a few on here.

Hope its all easily sorted.

Anon. - "owned since 2004. never had a disc on her."

Comment

• An anti roll bar question. Arbs are a pretty simple thing using the law of the lever principle. One thing I could never answer for my self was this:

Lets take a very simple adjustable arb with 2 settings on each side. If you connect to the 2 outer you're full soft and the 2 inner full hard. What if you connected one side to the inner and one to the outer, would that leave you with a stiffness somewhere in the middle. I think it should because the arb works as a complete system.
                https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris View Post
                  An anti roll bar question. Arbs are a pretty simple thing using the law of the lever principle. One thing I could never answer for my self was this:

Lets take a very simple adjustable arb with 2 settings on each side. If you connect to the 2 outer you're full soft and the 2 inner full hard. What if you connected one side to the inner and one to the outer, would that leave you with a stiffness somewhere in the middle. I think it should because the arb works as a complete system.
                  Correct

Comment

• Correct an ARB works in torsion & is being acted on from both sides, so using mismatched holes as you describe would be a setting between full hard or full soft. I have read before that if you are doing this then the side that gets set to the harder of the two settings should be the lighter side of the car but I can't remember now for the life of me why that was.
                    Speed is just a question of money, how fast do you want to go

Comment

• Does anyone know what these wheels are called? I think they may be VW rather than Audi, not sure.
                      Attached Files
                      The Main Motoring Subforum. Park Up And Grab A Cuppa.

Comment

• Their definitely an Audi Oem A8 wheel thats been copied to death,not sure if they have a specific name.

Comment

• If you find an online version of ETKA* there'll only be a few styles of alloys listed for the A8. The name will be shown in the text description field for the wheel.

*ETKA = The VW/Audi parts catalogue.

Comment

• Thanks guys, can't find a name, but part number is 4E0601025NQPW

Need to sell them so was hoping to find name to help in searches. Thanks a million.

Comment

• Update: liable driver has agreed to go through her insurance, we are currently waiting on her assessor

The front headlight has a crack in it , Mazda Ireland stated the assessor will likely not approve to replace as it is expensive,

We are at the discretion of her insurance companies assessor, what they will and will not repair , this is a new car

I cannot comprehend this is allowed ? Should your car not be repaired to the same standard prior the accident, we will have issues with the headlight , condensation, water ingress

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
                              http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Comment

• Originally posted by TRD3000GT View Post
                                Update: liable driver has agreed to go through her insurance, we are currently waiting on her assessor

The front headlight has a crack in it , Mazda Ireland stated the assessor will likely not approve to replace as it is expensive,

We are at the discretion of her insurance companies assessor, what they will and will not repair , this is a new car

I cannot comprehend this is allowed ? Should your car not be repaired to the same standard prior the accident, we will have issues with the headlight , condensation, water ingress

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
                                It should be, the whole idea of insurance is that you should be in the exact position you were in before the accident.
                                Last edited by Johnny_Limerick; 20-05-2022, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X