Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motoring questions you are afraid to ask.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TRD3000GT View Post
    What is the name of the pen/paint, you would use to mark a bolt , as a visual check it has not moved since getting torqued
    A paint pen. Simple as that.

https://ie.rs-online.com/web/c/facil...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Just looking at NCT bookings and seeing September / October? I thought things had improved but must have missed something.

No change last night around midnight when I tried also. Has anyone had any luck phoning for a short notice cancellation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Traco View Post
        Just looking at NCT bookings and seeing September / October? I thought things had improved but must have missed something.

No change last night around midnight when I tried also. Has anyone had any luck phoning for a short notice cancellation?
        I got the same, but I se they have now added a from you can complete that I guess puts you on a wait list.
        https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrasslers View Post
          Hi, I'm Wrasslers and welcome to Jackass.

ozWDJft.png

I'll fling it against a wall and see if it pops.
          Did you ever do this?

Comment

• Originally posted by fez View Post

Did you ever do this?
            Still sitting in the shed. I'll try set it off with some 9 volts first but it's way down on my list of priorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by davemx-5 View Post
              Yeah it is risky all right. But seen as good manners by country folk if you're going slower or holding them up.

I'll never forget driving with a car transporter on the back of my van. Sitting at 50mpg and a lorry tried to undertake me as he was getting so frustrated. This was in Co. Monaghan and I pulled into the hard shoulder, A car overtook the lorry while the lorry was overtaking me. Said car slowed to an almost halt 100m up the road to turn right and lorry just got in on front of me nearly hitting a cyclist on the hard shoulder on the left while trying to avoid the car turning right.
              Just to dredge this back up. My wife is doing her theory test tomorrow and has been practicing on my laptop.
              This comes up as a question and the answer is you should if you deem it safe to do so.
              2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
              2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
              2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
              1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
              1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• A lady in a jeep reversed into my mam's car , she admitted liability,

My mam got multiple quotes , lady is now refusing to pay as it is too expensive, this is going on weeks , my mam wants her car fixed , it's a 2021, cost to fix is not even in the ball park of this persons expectation

My parents have her insurance details

What are the options to have the car fixed at the liable persons cost, according to my mam's insurance nothing to do with them, lady's insurance won't talk to my mam

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
                http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Comment

• I'd be no expert so please take these suggestions with a pinch of salt but:

Would I be right in thinking that most companies/policies have a clause which states that you must inform them of a claim within a certain time frame (i.e. 14 days or something)? Is this why your mam's company isn't playing ball? Would seem strange given that they're not liable but might be worth checking out?

Will the other party's company only talk to another insurance company? If so, would a solicitor's letter to their insurance company help?

Lastly, if seeking legal advice, could your mam take them to court?

Apologies that I don't have any solid advice but hope that helps. Sorry to hear your mam has to go through all this-very frustrating for her, hope she gets sorted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aontroim View Post
                    I'd be no expert so please take these suggestions with a pinch of salt but:

Would I be right in thinking that most companies/policies have a clause which states that you must inform them of a claim within a certain time frame (i.e. 14 days or something)? Is this why your mam's company isn't playing ball? Would seem strange given that they're not liable but might be worth checking out?

Will the other party's company only talk to another insurance company? If so, would a solicitor's letter to their insurance company help?

Lastly, if seeking legal advice, could your mam take them to court?

Apologies that I don't have any solid advice but hope that helps. Sorry to hear your mam has to go through all this-very frustrating for her, hope she gets sorted.
                    My mam informed her own insurance company the next day but unless she claims off her personal insurance and they stated she will lose her NCB , they will not chase the liable persons insurance to recoup expenses

I find , depending on her you are talking to , they are not up to speed on how things work or just not bothered so spout false information

What's the point of insurance,if you can just refuse to pay and have zero recourse

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• That is strange! It certainly does sound like whoever was working the phones that day is misinformed or misunderstood what they were being told.

Maybe someone could correct me but I thought if you informed your insurance company of a claim, they then contacted the other party's insurance and from there a deal would be worked out. In the case of the other party admitting fault/being found to be at fault, the claim would come from the other party's insurance with no change to your mother's policy/record.

I also thought that your insurance company was essentially your legal representation (for the purposes of motor claims) so you are not obliged to be in contact with anyone else.

I could of course be wrong but it certainly sounds like your mother has been let down by this company!

I wonder would a solicitor's letter to HER company move things along? Obviously, she shouldn't have to do this and it's very frustrating but just to hold them to account.

​​​

Comment

• I was told by a solicitor friend of mine that whenever you're in an accident, no matter how minor, always call the guards, just to cross the t's and dot the i's. And she told me this because we were standing beside my car when someone reveresed into me. Now in my case, the damage was minor, and the driver paid for the repair no problem. But I did call the guards.

Because the other driver in your case admitted to the damage, but there's no proof, and she could deny any culpability, is that why your insurance will not contact hers?

It sounds like a sh1tty situation to be in if that's the case.

Comment

• That's exactly the case. My own mum had a similar incident a few years ago, but thankfully had the hindsight to call the gardai to the scene. The other driver admitted liability to the gardai, but subsequently disputed that and claimed to her insurance company she was not liable, so they chose not to engage. In that instance repeat calls and visits from the garda and a mounting car hire bill combined with the threat of court action eventually had her admit liability to her insurance company and it was then resolved by her company, but she had denied liability at that point for 3-4 weeks despite admitting to it at the scene.

Comment

• She won’t lose her NCB as such but will have an open claim, this means her insurance will pay for the fix and then claim off the other parties insurance, once that gets settled she’ll keep her NCB, she’ll only lose it if they get away with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoom View Post
                              I was told by a solicitor friend of mine that whenever you're in an accident, no matter how minor, always call the guards, just to cross the t's and dot the i's. And she told me this because we were standing beside my car when someone reveresed into me. Now in my case, the damage was minor, and the driver paid for the repair no problem. But I did call the guards.

Because the other driver in your case admitted to the damage, but there's no proof, and she could deny any culpability, is that why your insurance will not contact hers?

It sounds like a sh1tty situation to be in if that's the case.
                              guards informed , said it is a civil matter, nothing to do with them

Jeep , her insurance is aware she admitted liability and as such verbally contacted my mam, they will fix , was to email on details but still trying to get someone to talk to us

Consensus seems to be a solicitor, if all else fails

Comment

• I'm assuming your mother has full comp. As when I contacted my insurance company the time the young lad ran into the back of my corolla They said they couldn't do anything like pay the repair and chase the young lad.
                                Guards were literally around the corner and took all the details. And the young lad wasn't acting the :D:D:D:D:D:D. And I got some extra cash when I needed it haha.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X