Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdm part sourcing

Hi Folks,

just wondering what sites you use for sourcing oem parts?

I am trying to source a discontinued power window relay for my ae86.

Has anyone ever used the following: -
    - amayama.com
    - jp-carparts.com

Amayama get mixed reviews and unsure to give them a try. Waiting on word back from jp-carparts at the minute.

Have you tried http://j-garage.com , have used them previously with no issue

Comment

I have ordered from Amayama and Megazip a few times in recent months for OEM Toyota bits, no real issues.

With Megazip make sure you order ex Japan rather than UAE as both times I had UAE parts they came back after a week of no progress looking for additional shipping costs with less certainty on delivery dates ! Some noise about Covid impacting cargo flights out of UAE.

Switched the order to FedEx ex Japan and parts were on my doorstep in 3 or 4 days

Comment

Have you tried jdm distro in arklow? They may be able to source parts.

Comment

I used Amayama twice recently. First time their customs documentation was not in order so the parts were returned to them and they had to resend so it look a long time to get the parts. Second time there was no issues. Takes a couple of weeks to arrive so they are fine if you're not in a rush.

https://www.etsuryu.com/ has a really good reputation with the Honda Beat guys. Haven't used him myself, but meant to be very reliable.

Comment

Had used Amayama before the pandemic without issue - got a lot of stuff off them but since 2020 have not been able to order anything as they weren't shipping to Ireland? (at least that's what they said)

Have gotten a few parts from https://www.4turbo.pl/ and Ross Sport in the UK, you could try Ian Cuddy up north

For a breakers if Rob Dunphy in Waterford doesn't have anything you could try Elite Autos in Galway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark F View Post
              I haven't seen that site in ages.

I used Yosi when buying my Glanza way back in 2004, great to see he's still going.
              Sound lad.

Comment

Amayama are fine - took them a while to figure out the customs declaration - but thatโ€™s an An Post created problem.

Have also used buyee.jp which has been a lifesaver for certain parts in the CRX.

Comment

Thanks for the replys and feedback folks. I'm so used to my mx5 and pretty much anything you could ever want is available for them and still manufactured by Mazda. So this is very new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark F View Post
                    Until now, I have never noticed you posting outside of the scary thread so It's hard for me to take your car enthusiasm seriously. I'd need to see some data prove you have a Jap car. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

Until now, I have never noticed you posting outside of the scary thread so It's hard for me to take your car enthusiasm seriously. I'd need to see some data prove you have a Jap car. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
                      Nothing jap in the garage currently, only have one Italian toy at the moment. Was at the Athlone C&C at Christmas.

Comment

Might be worth a call to John Cloko or some other breakers on the AE86 page.

If the part number is on the relay it could be worth finding out if itโ€™s shared among other Toyota platforms on EBay, etc.
                        If no part number then try Megazip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also a relay might just be a relay. Does it do anything special?

Comment

Originally posted by HawkAl View Post
                            Might be worth a call to John Cloko or some other breakers on the AE86 page.

If the part number is on the relay it could be worth finding out if itโ€™s shared among other Toyota platforms on EBay, etc.
                            If no part number then try Megazip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Never heard of this outfit thanks

Comment

Cheers hawkal. Tried Cloko and basically he has nothing for electric windows. Talking to a few lads that they dumped anything to do with electric windows as they were binned in favour of manual windows on the UK spec conversions.

I tried Toyota New Zealand to see if they have any old stock as well but nope.

I'll try amayama and jp-carparts tomorrow.

Gpk there's 7 wires going into it and actuated the passenger and driver window with the auto up and down function.

Comment

Working...
                              X