Any 221’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peterboxster View Post
    How does the the long-distance motorway range compared with the the local town or city range? I have an ix3 and have planned a number trips down the country so just wondering whether the current 320 KM Dublin City range will be better or worse.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I really don't have it long enough to say but it does seem a lot more comfortable on the less fast stuff, I did a quick spin into limerick yesterday and it averaged 17.7kwh/100km. The motorway stuff will eat the battery for sure.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Comment

• You'll get about 27-30kwH/100km on a motorway I'd say, speed dependent. Worse if you do proper speeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
        You'll get about 27-30kwH/100km on a motorway I'd say, speed dependent. Worse if you do proper speeds.
        Yeah, it's consumption does seem quite different to a petrol or diesel - going from City to motorway seems to reduce the range a bit (I've only done 70km round-trip airport runs, but driving (not hooning) around the hills of Wicklow seems to definitely improve the range. Think I'll try driving down the N7 motorway until it hits 50% and then see if I can get home

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Bear View Post
          My 221, I did pick it up at the end of last year though. Munches miles and has endless capacity for dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          How have you not put a thread up about that yet!! (Unless I've completely missed it...)

Any excuse to read about a V8

Comment

• Originally posted by hooch View Post
            Collected today and so far massively impressed. It's deceptively big and dwarfs the Golf side by side. Drives fantastic and looks brilliant too imo. Usable real range of around 300kms too, so 2 charges a week should do us easily.

They are the future I have to admit.

I think these will become the new Golf, they will be everywhere.

I was up in Dublin today and I seen at least 4/5 of them floating about, I think Hyundai/Kia are
            onto a winner with this platform.

Comment

• First public charge this evening. 30 mins on a 50KW charger this evening brought me from 60 to 90% or around 100kms of range. Cost was €6.22.

The super fast chargers are 150kw so would do 10-80% in 18mins on this car, they have extremely fast charging capabilities.

Comment

How does the the long-distance motorway range compared with the the local town or city range? I have an ix3 and have planned a number trips down the country so just wondering whether the current 320 KM Dublin City range will be better or worse.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
                I find our car much better on a long run, around Dublin it will go through the range much quicker (M50 blasts, popping around the place), then from Dublin to Belmullet efficiency really gets better. In and out of the office and around Dublin will get probably 300kms (would be driving fast enough and all the comforts on of course), a long journey then will get me 500-510 Kms doing the speed limits. To be fair, I'm comparing a big battery Model S so of course the range should be in theory more anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by hooch View Post
                  In case you were interested, so we left home at 95% last night and drove from Tipp to Westport. So it's a mixture of backroads for 15km or so, motorway for 130km and the rest N road. We drove normally at 120km or a little more on the motorway with heaters on, it was raining all the way pretty much so wipers on too and arrived with 33km remaining. So it's looks like 250kms~ real world winter range and 300 would probably be possible in better conditions or sticking to 100km on motorways etc. Either way I'm happy as it comfortably covers the trip up here on one charge.

We are going to Redcastle in North Donegal Friday for a night so that'll be a good chance to test it more and see how we get on.

That's not bad. Decent range. It's suspiring how much bigger the Ioniq 5 is than the Golf. I'm not brave enough to go full EV at the moment.

We traded in the wife's Golf for a new Rav4 PHEV (for similarly depressing boot capacity reasons!). Impressed with the Rav4 so far, it's got an 18KW battery with real world 60-70km range which we have achieved. So far we're charging it using a domestic socket (7 hours for a full charge) as we aren't too hung up on driving using the battery and not doing massive miles. Seemingly it always keeps a portion of the battery in reserve to revert to a being traditional hybrid when you've used all the EV range, rather than just having a weedy 4 cylinder petrol engine pulling around dead batteries like a lot of PHEVs. With a full tank and a fully charged battery, the combined range indicates c. 900km - will be interesting to see if that can be achieved when we take it on our first long run in about a month.

Every time I hop in, I switch it to Hybrid Mode rather than EV mode and it basically drives like a 300bhp hybrid and uses very little battery. I was a bit nervous as we ordered it without driving a PHEV model and the non-PHEV 'normal' hybrid isn't quick and just makes a lot of noise with you push it with the CVT box. I watched a lot of YouTube reviews before ordering and the reviews were very positive, particularly the US reviews. From reading the US forums, the demand was so high through 2021 that dealers were selling them for a premium above list (supply was obviously a factor there too).

The PHEV feels very torquey, more like a 6 cylinder diesel than a traditional hybrid. It's 305bhp and AWD but it can't hide the fact it's a 2 tonne family bus in the corners. It's party trick is 60 in under 6 seconds. I haven't timed it but it's surprisingly fast. It ticks all the family bus boxes so far.

Comment

• That's the stateside advantage. A mate of mine bought anew rav4 here, but it's nothing like 300 brake and it ain't quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                      Yip it does that. Sounds kind of cool in its own way.
                      Actual mechanical transmission/motor whine or fake noise for pedestrians?
                      https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
                        That's the stateside advantage. A mate of mine bought anew rav4 here, but it's nothing like 300 brake and it ain't quick.
                        I think the non-PHEVs are 215bhp but with low torque and a CVT box, they feel a lot less than that. Hence, I was nervous before ordering a PHEV and relied on YouTube reviews. The PHEV is c. €8k more but you get 300bhp, AWD and a few extra bits (e.g. heated rear seats) but it's performance is night and day compared to the non-PHEV model

Comment

• Originally posted by vinnymcdonnell View Post

I find our car much better on a long run, around Dublin it will go through the range much quicker (M50 blasts, popping around the place), then from Dublin to Belmullet efficiency really gets better. In and out of the office and around Dublin will get probably 300kms (would be driving fast enough and all the comforts on of course), a long journey then will get me 500-510 Kms doing the speed limits. To be fair, I'm comparing a big battery Model S so of course the range should be in theory more anyway
                          That's good to know - gives me confidence that we might make it to Inchydoney 333kms away without stopping in a couple of month's time

Comment

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post

Actual mechanical transmission/motor whine or fake noise for pedestrians?
                            Fake noise but instead of going for that Luas type of sound track that many EVs use, Porsche has gone for a sporty sound. This is an option by the way. The Porsche Sports Sound or some such. €500 or thereabouts. If you're really cool and you buy the GTS, then you get a unique fake sound. This is the sh1t that matters on the 10km/h average speed commute through your favourite city.

Comment

That's good to know - gives me confidence that we might make it to Inchydoney 333kms away without stopping in a couple of month's time
                              Jaysus, staying a couple of months just to charge a battery is a bit too much

Comment

• Neighbour has one of these in the driveway and thought it looked nice and substantial in a good way. More slab sized (I think) than an ID4.

Looks very well in the flesh. Congrats on the new car. Seems like a great all rounder.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X