No announcement yet.

Any 221’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Porsche Taycan Cross Wagen/Estate/sports tourer/Rover Streetwise. The bloke who runs the Joe Duffy group lives near me and this is his latest "smoker" So it's technically a trade car. So doesn't really count.

Looks well tho,
    Last edited by fester; 14-01-2022, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Not quite 100% correct for this thread but I was behind a 211 M4 Comp (its best angle 😉) going into Beaumont Hospital today and I may as well have been following a Prius.

There was nearly no noise out of it at all,I can only guess that sticking a performance exhaust on it must release a nice few extra ponies if the standard one is so restricted.

I'd feel short changed if I was after forking out well North of €100k and it sounded like that,but thems the EU rules now I guess they have to play by.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post

They are, and we literally can't get enough of them.
        If you don't mind me asking in a general sense, what kind of profile of people are buying these? Is it mortgage paid retirees or other. Plenty money around obviously. Are they first time buyers or already owning a motorhome and trading up?

Comment

Saw a 221 Yaris and a Kia Ceed van, didn't know such a thing existes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post

If you don't mind me asking in a general sense, what kind of profile of people are buying these? Is it mortgage paid retirees or other. Plenty money around obviously. Are they first time buyers or already owning a motorhome and trading up?
            Literally every type. Couples in there early 40s with kids, retired civil servants, people with good businesses, Joe and Jane Bloggs with help from the parents and credit union etc. No discrimination.

Historically it was mostly people with the kids reared, or none at all, usually at least one of them retired on a good pension.
            Not as much now though.
            www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

How interesting. The Great Resignation is turning into the Great Pay Parking Charges and Deal With Chemical Toilets.
              sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

You'd be surprised at the amount of campers in this country, even 20 years ago, especially when you consider the lack of facilities compared to most other countries.
                And they were never cheap here.
                www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Mother picked up a 221 Focus last week, nice looking yoke for an appliance. 1lt turbo with mild hybrid, actually sounded fruity enough idling in my driveway. Can’t get over the cost of them though! 32k!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post
                    You'd be surprised at the amount of campers in this country, even 20 years ago, especially when you consider the lack of facilities compared to most other countries.
                    And they were never cheap here.
                    I was very surprised by the amount of them in the country back in 2020. With lockdown etc. obviously none of them were travelling abroad so the amount of them became much more obvious and it shocked me how many I saw on the road each day. Maybe living in Kerry as a tourist destination exaggerated the number I saw but there was a lot around.

Comment

Originally posted by colm89 View Post
                      Mother picked up a 221 Focus last week, nice looking yoke for an appliance. 1lt turbo with mild hybrid, actually sounded fruity enough idling in my driveway. Can’t get over the cost of them though! 32k!
                      2-3 years ago they said the average price of a car sold now was €30k, with EV’s coming in and manufacturers wanting the same profit from batteries they don’t make, nor motors, the prices were only ever going higher. I don’t imagine I’ll ever buy a new car again.
                      I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

I think with new car prices increasing unless your wages/salary/business profits etc can keep up with this more people will be forcing into essentially renting or paying a subscription to drive. PCP was the start of this with increases to new prices taken off peoples radar and everything brought back to monthly costs which can be manipulated depending on the level of deposit.

importers are having a laugh too a previous poster mentioned somebody got a CLA250 which is the plug in hybrid mated to a 1.3 petrol it’s in the 7% VRT band but it’s somehow more expensive than the petrol/diesel versions which are all in higher VRT bands.
                        Last edited by Tin Worm; 15-01-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traco View Post
                          Saw a 221 Yaris and a Kia Ceed van, didn't know such a thing existes.
                          Yaris denial is a blight on public debate.

Comment

"so it's hard to see the benefit of a brand new motor if people need be particularly sharp to spot that it's new." I can understand this of the iphone generation but I thought this was a site for motoring enthusiasts. Since when has it become about having a new reg rather than the experience of driving something a little unique. I would rather buy a washing machine than most new stuff available out there now, but thats me I couldnt care less what the age if it puts a smile on my face when I get in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Worm View Post
                              I think with new car prices increasing unless your wages/salary/business profits etc can keep up with this more people will be forcing into essentially renting or paying a subscription to drive. PCP was the start of this with increases to new prices taken off peoples radar and everything brought back to monthly costs which can be manipulated depending on the level of deposit.

importers are having a laugh too a previous poster mentioned somebody got a CLA250 which is the plug in hybrid mated to a 1.3 petrol it’s in the 7% VRT band but it’s somehow more expensive than the petrol/diesel versions which are all in higher VRT bands.
                              the PHEV tech still has a large battery and electric motor and whether or not it’s their own tech or they’re are paying someone else for it, it’s not cheap tech, plus they abolished grants for a PHEV too.

I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

The house got a 221 fully electric and self driving hoover, so far it's the most interesting 221 plate I've seen to date.

Comment

Working...
                                X