Any 221’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 221’s?

Any new comers on the forum or on the roads? I don’t think I’ve seen any.

I was behind one today. Some sort of Hyuandi or something. Honestly, I was behind it for about3 or 4 miles, and it wasn't until we got to a roundabout that I noticed the number plate.

Comment

Any interesting 221's?

Particularly ones at the 41% VRT rate? Given that a 911 Carrera S now starts at €195,389 as per the Porsche configurator. Without speccing electric windows.
      sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

Neighbour of mine has a Hyundai SUV of some kind or other. It’s black and I am sure they are delighted but to me it’s just very Meh

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
          Any interesting 221's?

Particularly ones at the 41% VRT rate? Given that a 911 Carrera S now starts at €195,389 as per the Porsche configurator. Without speccing electric windows.
          Christ, is that what they are now!!

You'd nearly have to win the Euromillions to even think about sticking your nose into the nearest Porsche dealer's door.

Comment

€195k for a basic 911 Carrera S is quite pricey.

Here the same car is about $153k with no options (factoring in the highest provincial sales tax).

Comment

I spotted an 221 X5 sport earlyer, nice thing.

Comment

A new Cashquai was the height of my new reg spotting so far.
                So about as humdrum as you can get I guess.

On a slight side note if I was going for a new car I think I'd try and hold out for a 222 reg, might give
                you a few more options to try and get that perfect looking reg number.
                222-X-555 for your new Subaru maybe....
                Last edited by Titan; 06-01-2022, 03:14 AM.

Comment

I'm mildly dyslexia so I might be alone in this, but am I the only one that gets confused between 211, 212 and 221 (and even 201 & 202). I've been looking out for 221's and finding that they don't stand out other than the shininess which is crazy. Irish reg's used to stand out, like a 13 over a 12 or a 201 over 191, so it's hard to see the benefit of a brand new motor if people need be particularly sharp to spot that it's new.

Comment

best I've managed was seeing a plateless hyundai tuscon on new years eve, so its probably a 221 by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                      €195k for a basic 911 Carrera S is quite pricey.

Here the same car is about $153k with no options (factoring in the highest provincial sales tax).
                      Just the 90k difference then, for a car made in the EU. Not crazy at all...

Comment

New C4S nearly a quarter of a million. Game over.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/por...02107074757681

Comment

Why anyone would pay €250k for a commuter Porsche when you can pay half as much for one that is just as quick and looks just as sporty is beyond me. And I suspect Porsche's sales will very much reflect this just like they did last year.

The kool kids are ordering Z06's anyhow. Proper stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterboxster View Post
                            I so it's hard to see the benefit of a brand new motor if people need be particularly sharp to spot that it's new.
                            Buy cars for yourself, my friend.
                            "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

Mine should be on the road Monday.
                              Black LWB Mercedes, Twin turbo, paddle shift etc....

Although it is a Sprinter

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X