Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid delays my driving licence report, licence expiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked and I emailed on the forms to NDLS on 5th January and I received my license there on Wednesday 19th.
    So roughly two weeks.

The contact number for them is 0818 700 800 if that is any use to you,might be worth a call anyway.

Comment

Thanks Titan.

So after about 2 1/2 weeks a reply came yesterday. It said that my medical report was incomplete, that I should submit a new report and it must be submitted within ten days. It was not specific about what was wrong so I had to ring that number in Cork and hang on for half an hour. When I got through the receptionist looked it up and said that I had signed my name in the wrong place, it should have been two lines up. The space where I should have signed was still blank so I asked her to send back the form and I would re-sign it. She refused and said that it is NDLS policy not to give back documents. I pointed that this could mean a new report with another fee because time is running out. She said something about sending an e-mail to another department to give me more time but she absolutely refused to send back the form.

This morning I headed round to my doctor's surgery to see what could be done. I showed the letter to the girls in the reception office together with a photocopy of the medical report showing my signature in the wrong place. They could not believe the stupidity of the NDLS. One of them showed the papers to my doctor who was treating patients at the time. He thought it was stupid too and did out a new report on the spot.

I brought home the report and re-read it about ten times to be sure it is OK. It seems alright although the ink on the clinic's stamp is a bit faint, but I took a chance on the faint stamp and posted the report off to Cork this evening. We will see what happens next!

________
      Wheelnut

Comment

WN, you must be very calm. I would be hopping. I got annoyed just reading your post...

Comment

At last I have a driving licence! It came in the post yesterday 23rd.

For most of my life I worked in local authorities including a long period in an urban council. They are generally regarded as the gombeens of our democratic system which is a little unfair. However I can state that at our blundering worst we never left a person high and dry like the NDLS left me. The effect of not having a driving licence was to void my motor insurance. Bring back the county council motor tax office, they would have sorted this in a few days.
          ________
          Wheelnut

Comment

What an absolute nightmare! Glad you got sorted eventually, despite the "computer says no" people who are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
            Working...
            X