No announcement yet.

online car parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I have said this before - get to know your local motor factors. For most run of the mill parts same day or next day delivery, no messing with returns, haggle discounts, support the local economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 8~) View Post
      I know I have said this before - get to know your local motor factors. For most run of the mill parts same day or next day delivery, no messing with returns, haggle discounts, support the local economy.
      I would love to be able to use my local motorfactors (and do use them as much as is financially viable), but I've yet to find one anywhere near me that is any way useful for older cars (I don't ever have anything "run of the mill"), who won't complain when you ask for a different brand, or mainly who is anyway competitive in their prices... Not gonna spend 30-40% more to support my local rape merchant of a motorfactors. I do give them the chance every now and again still. I recently I dropped in for parts, which amazingly they had on the shelf, but when they gave me a price double of what they should be, I had to walk out again and order online. Shame really

Comment

Originally posted by Micky View Post
        I use irishautoparts aswell,I usually order and then go to 1 of their 3 shops to collect.I also use eurocarparts,order online and spin up to Portadown to collect.
        Why do you go to the North, are you ordering throught the northern / uk website and using click + collect?

I use a combination of the above,
        mister-auto good for good brands and hard to get odd-ball stuff like car specific camber bolts, etc.. and good delivery. Had to return some wiper parts recently that were wrong and refunded with delivery paid by them.

IrishAutoParts i used before too couple times and found good.

Micksgarage i don't really like, bought car specific centre armrest and the fit was crap and the quality was crap too, broke in a yr, orig lasted 10yrs. Also hate the way you click into a section like exhaust and it's empty, half the stuff is empty on older cars as said above, think euro car parts site is bit like that too.

I must check out autodoc.de as mentioned though, can live with the extra delivery if good brands at good prices.

Comment

Having nightmare customer experiences with Auto doc. Will probably just go back to motorfactors around the greater Dublin area.

A Lambda sensor I ordered for a corolla did not communicate at all with the cars ecu and had no bung joining from inside the cabin to the outside.
          I ordered 2 as well for a MK4 Gti that have different connectors to the old ones.

They, tried to throw it back on me,. That as I mounted the part, it could have been mine fault that it did not communicate. And that this issue was a warranty case now.
          I asked what this entailed but they never responded.

They are now saying that I cannot return the golf sensors as I'm outside the 14 day cooling off period. I searched this using the reg number. Which they advised is "The license plate is only informative, it gives you examples of car part that are suitable for cars with the same model."

I'm arguing that since the goods do not match the description advertised I am entitled to a refund. (gave the reg, therefore the goods listed below it should fit my car)

Where can I go from here. I am emailing them constantly but according to them it doesn't matter what details I do give. They cannot be held responsible for giving me the wrong/poor quality parts.

Comment

Nevermind. Reg number search is not on their website. Must be confusing it with other sites.
            Still never going to use them again.

Comment

I've had similar with autodoc previously. An abs sensor didn't fit, they first argued it had been "mounted to the car" so couldn't be refunded and they suggested that the online parts selctor for each vehicle was a suggestion only, that I should have contacted them with the VIN to ensure it was the correct part. They also tried the cooling off period thing.

My arguments were that the sensor was never mounted. it was offered up and wouldn't fit so was put back in the box. The car didn't leave the ramp or do any miles - part was not fitted.
              Did they really expect every customer to email them with a VIN for every part? If so, what is the purpose of the website?
              I had contacted them within 14 days, it had been dragged past that point by them delaying and arguing.

It took a while, but I won. I've just remembered I did order from them again and ended up on the driveway, car up on stands and brake pads that wouldn't fit. Pads were scruffy so didn't bother sending them back but it just shows they regularly mismatch parts.

Comment

Has anyone ordered from car-parts.ie? They a re a subsidiary of autodoc if that's a good or bad thing.
                I'm looking at bilstein dampers and these are the cheapest online.

I want to avoid the chance of import duty or vat.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilo View Post
                  Has anyone ordered from car-parts.ie? They a re a subsidiary of autodoc if that's a good or bad thing.

Yes, I've ordered a few times and no problems. They are AutoDoc by another name. Orders usually take 7 days for delivery (from Germany).

Comment

Originally posted by GeeTI View Post

Yes, I've ordered a few times and no problems. They are AutoDoc by another name. Orders usually take 7 days for delivery (from Germany).
                    Same here. I've used them a few times with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks lads

Comment

I recently posted about new pads and discs needed for the Lexus - shopped around online and In the end the lads at Parts4cars in blanch came in best prices for what I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by natnif View Post
                          I've had similar with autodoc previously. An abs sensor didn't fit, they first argued it had been "mounted to the car" so couldn't be refunded and they suggested that the online parts selctor for each vehicle was a suggestion only, that I should have contacted them with the VIN to ensure it was the correct part. They also tried the cooling off period thing.

My arguments were that the sensor was never mounted. it was offered up and wouldn't fit so was put back in the box. The car didn't leave the ramp or do any miles - part was not fitted.
                          Did they really expect every customer to email them with a VIN for every part? If so, what is the purpose of the website?
                          I had contacted them within 14 days, it had been dragged past that point by them delaying and arguing.

It took a while, but I won. I've just remembered I did order from them again and ended up on the driveway, car up on stands and brake pads that wouldn't fit. Pads were scruffy so didn't bother sending them back but it just shows they regularly mismatch parts.
                          I was well outside the 14 days. And probably also the chargeback period on the credit card. I might check that route actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Neilo View Post

I'm never using them again anyway.

Double check the oem number, as their car make and model search is not accurate.

Comment

I get pretty anxious waiting for stuff online wondering if custom will capture it or will the curriers :D:D:D:D the package randomly into a neighbors garden. So I thought id do the economy a favor and buy locally, i went to two motor factors looking for a simple oil and air filter for a mk5 golf GTI. Neither had either in stock. There are not too convenient to me so i rejected letting them order them in and going back, On a mission I went to the VW main stealers and got charged 48euro for the pair!! The store guys had a job finding them and apologized as there were pretty old looking stock ,,,,,,,I think il go back shopping online in future.

edit,
                              I went ot the shop yesterday and got for lunch one of those awful fill youself tubs of cocktails sausages and shredded chicked wings etc. It was absolutely terrible, then to make matters worst insted of the food tub I threw out the over priced OEM VW oil filter into the public bin. Never to be seen again......
                              Last edited by Notch000; 25-01-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X