Importing parts from the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing parts from the US?

Im Curious to know how much Duty will be added to some new car parts that I'm planning on purchasing from the US of A in the new year.

Has any one brung stuff in lately ? What's the story with sipping times etc with all of the covid delays.

Thanks in advance.

Should be VAT of 23% on invoiced cost of goods and 10% duty on cost of goods + cost of shipping.

If the bits are small enough you can use addresspal from An Post as a virtual address. Anything I've bought recently has been through eBay who add all the costs upfront onto the auction, which given An Posts recent habit of sending everything back to the sender because of incorrect TARIC codes, has been very handy.

Comment

Thanks for that, its an awkward load, E28 bumpers to be exact so address pal wont work.

Comment

Try pricing parts in Canada also. CAD is very weak right now so your euro will go further.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          Try pricing parts in Canada also. CAD is very weak right now so your euro will go further.
          It's the only place in the world you can buy these parts. There is only 1 company that I am aware of who manufacture replica BMW e28 stainless steel bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rennwagen View Post

It's the only place in the world you can buy these parts. There is only 1 company that I am aware of who manufacture replica BMW e28 stainless steel bumpers.
            Have you tried Classic Euro Parts - they'll ship from within the EU so no duties, VAT or customs delays to worry about.
            Not sure how prices compare but surely worth investigating so as to compare. New/Repro/Good Used parts are available.

For example;

https://www.classiceuroparts.com/pro...egory/bmw/e28/

https://www.classiceuroparts.com/pro...chrome-bumper/

Comment

Originally posted by deltona View Post

Have you tried Classic Euro Parts - they'll ship from within the EU so no duties, VAT or customs delays to worry about.
              Not sure how prices compare but surely worth investigating so as to compare. New/Repro/Good Used parts are available.

For example;

https://www.classiceuroparts.com/pro...egory/bmw/e28/

https://www.classiceuroparts.com/pro...chrome-bumper/
              Im aware of them bu Iv not had any need to buy anything from them yet.

€960 for a second hand bumper would be no fun at all though especially when The complete set of new stainless bumpers is around 1200 delivered from the US. Not OEM but very very good by all accounts and a life time Job in stainless steel

Comment

Fair enough - it's good to compare all options.

It was your comment "It's the only place in the world you can buy these parts" which suggested you didn't know there were other companies in the world supplying these parts too.

Comment

Originally posted by deltona View Post
                  Fair enough - it's good to compare all options.

It was your comment "It's the only place in the world you can buy these parts" which suggested you didn't know there were other companies in the world supplying these parts too.
                  100% and thanks for the info, I wasnt being dismissive,
                  Classic euro parts is a great resource for classic beemers no doubt but New chrome items are no longer available and I'm only aware of one company who makes them in The US.

I have found that There are a lot of Facebook businesses and enthusiasts selling second had parts, There is a full set of chrome bumpers on great condition available for example, I found a mint front strut in the Ukraine of all places, shipped to Dublin in a few days. Schmiedman has had plenty of my money aswell.
                  Sorucing parts is probably the best part of the restoration process, the rest is all Rust, Oil, dirt and skint knuckles. 😋

Comment

I've ordered plenty of stuff recently through Ebay, but here's an example for you of what goes towards import charges and shipping. The only positive of Ebay US is that you pay the import fees and you don't have to deal with customs and anpost afterwards (in most cases anyway).

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SW20Fan View Post
                      I've ordered plenty of stuff recently through Ebay, but here's an example for you of what goes towards import charges and shipping. The only positive of Ebay US is that you pay the import fees and you don't have to deal with customs and anpost afterwards (in most cases anyway).

I haven't been on Ebay in a while but do Ebay UK also show the costs for import charges etc?

At least it would take some of the guess work out of it.

Comment

I regularly buy parts from the US for the corvette, unfortunately get scalded with duty, for example recently bought 2 new front seats which were sausy enough, and duty added €400 odd euro to it.

There were a few adverts on donedeal, where if time was not an issue, a gut was bringing over classic cars via container, with space for your items chucked in at a reasonable rate!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X