Salty Roads :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salty Roads :-(

Monday gone was the first time around me that they have salted the roads this winter. And every night since. I am thinking of putting the car cover back on until April....
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Ya, we seem to becoming a place to have a "winter beater"

Comment

I haven’t seen them yet near me which is very unusual, fingers crossed they’ve no budget this year, they have flipped flopped a few times over the years to not doing at all to doing all the time even when there is no need cause it’s obviously too warm, go figure,
      my Jdm scooby probably won’t be out till March now

Comment

Bought my winter special out of hibernation start of the month.With the last 10 years id have something ready for every winter.

Was easier pick up something few years ago as a winter rig,now prices are just gone silly.

Comment

https://sword.cit.ie/cgi/viewcontent...4&context=ceri

Brine solution is being introduced by a few local authorities as It keeps the salt adhered to the road better than dry salt.

It will be interesting to see if it causes higher levels of underbody Corrosion than the previous method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HawkAl View Post
            https://sword.cit.ie/cgi/viewcontent...4&context=ceri

Brine solution is being introduced by a few local authorities as It keeps the salt adhered to the road better than dry salt.

It will be interesting to see if it causes higher levels of underbody Corrosion than the previous method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Reading that it seems to be a pretty sophisticated setup in fairness, far more involved
            to forecast what road conditions will be like with the oncoming weather.

I remember driving to Dublin maybe 5/6 years ago on the M1 and the whole motorway south of Drogheda
            was pure ice and slush so they have come on a lot since that.

Comment

Plenty of salt down here this week, and with good reason too, as I found out three corners into my rat run. Mr.Bosch had to step in for a bit there.

Comment

I feel they have really upped the game on salting roads over the last 5 years or so can never remember it being as much years ago. Caught me off guard there a few year ago when it was clearly visible what it was doing to the car. I stick it in the shed the first day of October and bring it back out the end of March now. Bought an oul Astra convertible as it was the cheapest thing I could lay my hands on got it for 200 quid with a broken roof which I have now fixed. It’s also nice to be in something which you don’t really care for roads around my place are more mud than tarmac this time of year.

Comment

Must ACF50 the commuter bike, tbh its only when i get to the main road when i encounter the salt. The back road until i get there is always devoid of salt, sometimes scarily so like when a car is coming sideways towards you on a bend after coming off a salted main road!

Comment

I had no choice but to drive her this morning to work. The roads were "(not)nice" and wet even though the footpaths were bone dry. All the poxy salt absorbing the moisture from the air and making the roads "wet".
                    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Originally posted by markcro View Post
                      I had no choice but to drive her this morning to work. The roads were "(not)nice" and wet even though the footpaths were bone dry. All the poxy salt absorbing the moisture from the air and making the roads "wet".
                      Fairly greasy I must say. Not like a shower that washes the road clean.

Comment

Gritter nearly took a pole out on our road a couple of days ago, it’s a narrow road but it’s not that fookin narrow, I wish they’d fook off altogether

At least they spurred me into declaring my Jdm car off road until April I never realised you could suspend insurance
                        Last edited by TPaul; Yesterday, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X