Guy's Garage C4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy's Garage C4

Guy's garage, episode 1 on Channel 4 last night. I sat down to watch it and quite enjoyed it.
    He purchased a Volvo 240 (or two) and after some modifications, took it Folk racing in Sweden. I have a vague recollection of hearing about Folk racing years ago - looks like a rallycross banger hybrid. And fun, to watch at least.

I think it's worth a watch. A different perspective to other programmes, where it is seemingly so easy to do an engine upgrade and full body restoration in about 20 minutes and still have time for tea.

Never saw it advertsed, will keep an eye out and there's always time for a cuppa
    I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Yeah was pretty good.

I think there is 4 or 5 episodes in this series.

Looks like a nice way to get into a bit of motorsport for not a big amount of money.
      Although like everything,I'd say some of the other drivers spent a nice bit on their bangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
        Although like everything,I'd say some of the other drivers spent a nice bit on their bangers.
        Not really, the cars are all given a small value, and if you've been beaten, you can look to buy the winning car for this small value. I think its a great rule !
        James May did it, have a look from about 6mins in on this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bmqdnx5R1U

Comment

This is Guy, as in Wolverine lookalike Guy? Didn't he have the fastest Volvo in the UK?
          We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Guy Martin, wolverine Guy.
            At the start of the show he introduced his own two quick Volvos. He said one packed 800BHP. So quite possibly the fasted Volvo in the UK.

Comment

Cool I will check that out. I love his manic love of things which makes for good shows.
              We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Originally posted by markcro View Post
                This is Guy, as in Wolverine lookalike Guy? Didn't he have the fastest Volvo in the UK?
                Yes the same one, that Amazon he has is the mutts nutts. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes
                PeeSpeed Photography

Comment

Working...
                X