Sound deadening mateiral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound deadening mateiral

any recommendation or any cheap option ? is the expensive Dynomatt the way to go ? initially i need to seal up the rear parcel shelf on my Mx5 where I hacked the rear shelf to fit a roll bar but would be intereted in sound insulation internally a bit more overall too

Saw these guys online not sure if product or price is any good tho

https://carsoundsolutions.com/produc...eadening-mats/
    Last edited by Notch000; 19-11-2021, 01:10 PM.

I've used the Stinger Roadkill and its good stuff. Price is decent. Pity it's out of stock.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Might be worth trying some of the camper build places. They seem to have ranges of sound deadening for van builds.

Comment

I used to buy the Stinger for work.

Cosi Campers in Dublin might be worth a shot.
        www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

https://carsoundsolutions.com/produc...acoustic-foam/
          https://www.soundinsulation.ie/produ...soundproofing/
          Nice range from these guys.

www.PatHoranMotors.com

Comment

I got the €99 kit from sound insulation.ie

seems like grand stuff and I have loads left over for then next prohect
            Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Bit late to the party but I used Dyanamat xtreme on recommendation from an interior guy in Knock

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeCars0707 View Post
                Bit late to the party but I used Dyanamat xtreme on recommendation from an interior guy in Knock
                That was the original question was it worth the extra cost?

Comment

I just finished doing the interior of the XB in Dynamat xtreme & I loved it, it's very easy to work with & it seems to do the job really well. If you knocked on the floor pre-install it had that tin can sound but now that it's covered it hardly makes a sound at all. In fairness I've not tried the cheaper options but given how hard this stuff is to remove I went with the brand as I don't want to ever have to re-do it. But then my mindset on the XB build has never been to be budget focused so I was happy to spend the cash. Given it's not a super secret piece of tech the cheaper stuff will probably be just as good. For me it was worth the extra cash

IMG_9997.JPG
                  Speed is just a question of money, how fast do you want to go

Comment

It's all just adhesive bitumen. Anything dense, sticky and maleable will do the job.
                    https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

That was my thinking Boris so I just went with the cheaper option. The dyna mat does look good though!
                      Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                        It's all just adhesive bitumen. Anything dense, sticky and maleable will do the job.
                        I've heard of people using the building material version of this which was much cheaper (that may no longer be the case).

Comment

There are flashing bitumen strips I've thought of using before.
                          I just found this on a quick search. I don't know how thick it is.
                          DryFix 3000 Self Adhesive Bitumen Tanking Membrane (5m2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q1JLL...ing=UTF8&psc=1

​​​​
                          Last edited by Deadly Dave; 23-11-2021, 02:38 PM.
                          Deadly Dave

Comment

ha im not that cheap. i read somewhere too the construction flashing stinks especially if it gets warm on the transmission or boot (over exhaust) areas
                            Last edited by Notch000; 23-11-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X