X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Cayman GT4 RS

I've got to say this Cayman GT4 RS looks sensational

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...th-500hp/44940

It also has a relatively decent starting price of about 108k in the UK and no doubt they will be ultra rare
    on these shores as usual.
    I'd say Porsche dealers phone lines will be hopping this morning.

I love some of the details like the side air intakes which will give an extra bit of induction noise.
    The 911 GT3 engine will go pretty well in a lighter car.

Dare I say it, looks better than the 992.

Comment

I’d say they will sell the full allocation in Ireland but it won’t be too hard to get one.

I’ve kind of gotten a bit tired of 911’s of late so not sure if that’s colouring my opinion but yes the GT4 RS does look good. Mostly it’s great that there is another 9K RPM option.
      I'm with the resistance

Comment

Cue the usual posts on the likes of Pistonheads

"I can't get one on order from my local dealer and I'm not going to pay £150/160k for one second hand..."

Comment

Yep but this is not the UK. We have other issues, though.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

Yeah just a few issues here alright.

A little over 1400kg's with 500hp and 8k redline are pretty decent stats to say the least.

Comment

Think I’d take one of these over any 911 right now and a 911 has always been a dream of mine. Both are pipe dreams though

Comment

As the ultimate evolution of the formula, it's great to see stuff like this getting built, even in a limited production format.
                If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

That is fantastic looking and I'd prefer it over the 3.

Comment

That is awesome. Peak Porsche in a lot of respects.

Comment

I see Porsche are learning from Ferrari about charging you thick chunks of wedge for carbon fibre colostomy bag holders and the like for a teensy weensy smidgen of lightness and awesome 'Ring credibility. Still, what a thing. I think I'd still just have a 992 GT3 over it but the price margin (in theory) might swing me if (in theory) I could get one and (in theory) I was writing a cheque.
                      sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah I'd say the one in the picture is the Clubsport model,so extra wedge to get to enjoy all of that carbon fibre lightness to shave a few tenths off your Ring time 😉

Comment

I'm sure its very capable, but I'm obviously getting old, because that looks like it was designed for a boy who has just hit puberty to me.

Comment

Academic because i can't afford one but I think it looks pretty cool (and I am not really a Porsche fanboy although I think the 996 Carrera 4s looks good too)

Comment

Same here,traditionally I've always loved Ferrari's etc but some of the Porsches have really grown on me.
                              Even the 996 911 has improved I think as the years have gone by.

It's all academic of course cause the closest I'll ever get to owning anything like that is a model of the car.

Considering the current climate relating to ICE cars and what's around the corner,if you had one of these parked in the garage with that engine, I doubt you'd have anything other than a smile on your face and be happy you had one of these as your last new petrol engined car.

Comment

Working...
                              X