Pound of Flesh - OMSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miller View Post

The next thing is that the repairs or quotes have to be carried out within three months of it landing on these shores.

I had a rejection on that basis of part of a refund request against their valuation.
    What was the basis of your appeal, and proof provided in 1 page?

Its not my first time appealing, but a bit different from cars true value is 1k, here's a donedeal/carzone advert, the text was to the point within a page, but the rest was made up of pictures of repairs needed, estimates ect

My point was the car needs work which will cost X amount, and therefore the OMSP they calculated didn't take into account the true condition of the vehicle despite it being pointed out on the day of inspection. Here's pics and estimates to fix, but yet they seem to be moving the goalposts saying you need X, then Y, then Z with 2 line replys.

I've asked if they will send an assessor or nominate one who I can have look at the car, which would clear it up, but ive a feeling robot will say no

Comment

Imported and appealed late last year. 2 independent valuations from insurance assessors,€150 each. They took the average of the 2 and I got 50% refund. My correspondence with the revenue was short and sweet, please find report attached, thanks. About a week between reply’s. I did have the car looking a bit sorry for itself when assessor arrived, removing some interior, exterior trim.

Comment

So I had my hearing with the TAC 2 weeks ago and the determination was released this morning - successful appeal, Revenue rapped for not following their own valuation guidelines, and the valuation was dropped from €18,000 to €5,944.

Delighted with the outcome but obviously a broken system here if Revenue are valuing cars at 3x the market

Happy Monday!
        Last edited by Jimmy Taybag; 30-05-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

That is a great result!!! Well done for keeping at it!

Gives the rest of us hope for future imports....being able to stomach the tax for fear of an overzealous VRT estimate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Taybag View Post
            So I had my hearing with the TAC 2 weeks ago and the determination was released this morning - successful appeal, Revenue rapped for not following their own valuation guidelines, and the valuation was dropped from €18,000 to €5,944.

Delighted with the outcome but obviously a broken system here if Revenue are valuing cars at 3x the market

Happy Monday!
            Fair play for being determined enough to follow through on that. Do you mind me asking what the difference between the original figure is and the figure post the query?

Comment

That's a serious result, fair play.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by davemx-5 View Post
                Do you mind me asking what the difference between the original figure is and the figure post the query?
                They originally valued it at €19k after I presented it. After their assessor viewed it (before paying the VRT) it went down to €18k. The Stage 1 appeal was rejected same day, and then down to €5944. VRT rate was 37% so a refund if €4600 odd. (Is this what you are asking me?)
                ​​
                My argument was that they should have valued the Aristo against a GS300 as its a "similar car" that's on their calculator. No need to be going to the market then just use that as a reference, per their own guidelines.

I will share a link to the determination it goes up on the website. The version I have is not redacted yet for personal info so I won't share publicly, but if anyone wants a copy PM me

Comment

Nice one, a big FU to ze revenue
                  I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Is there still an export VRT rebate thing? I got shafted in this situation, albeit the shafting took years to turn up when I exported it again:
                    When I was exporting they recalculated the VRT for export purposes (as you'd expect, no issues there). However the payment amount was the VRT calculation "less any previous refund". So they deducted the full reduction/rebate/"refund" that I got by appealing when I brought the car in a few years earlier.

I'm not sure there is anything you can do about this, I recall looking up the legislation on it and its either badly written or specifically devised to catch people out.
                    Revenue would have a very strong incentive to massively overvalue something like this which has a good chance of being exported again in the future

It looks like you got a good result in any case though, bird in the hand and all that

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X