NCT question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCT question.

My car has fog lights but no button/switch, i assume they were put in for aesthetics, will it fail the nct having them present with no way of turning them on, i have the old blanking inserts in the boot. Just don't want to go change them if there is no need.

If they’re on the car they should work, are they wired to the main beams or anything??
    I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

They are wired to the side lights but don't have a separate switch.

Comment

They should operate with the rear fog, might depend on if the tester notices, is it the FN2?

Comment

Yeah the fn2, they are on all the time when i have the sidelights on. I'll just whip them out

Comment

Cover them up with Tape.
            www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post
              Cover them up with Tape.
              Probably what i will do, it's a bumper off job to take them out.

Comment

Taping them up doesn't work anymore, Had it myself with a Corolla.

Depends on the tester on the day.

Comment

So passed with them in, about 5 lads gathered around the car and i could see the rear fog being switched on and off a few times, i assume they just decided they couldn't find the switch for it.

Comment

Is the switch not on the indicator stalk, same as the FN1/FK?

Comment

My particular car never came with front fog lights, the previous owner just put them in and wired them up to the sidelights so were always on, no separate switch.

Comment

Nice one on the pass, the kit came with harnesses and a new stalk, I’d have thought the FN2 had fogs as standard though 🤔
                        http://www.48parts.com/parts/honda-e...-fog-light-kit

Comment

I think they only came on the GT models, i have a poverty spec one, no AC etc..I'm sure i could spin it off as a race base model on donedeal.

Comment

Working...
                          X