Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you thought Bangle was as bad as it got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And you thought Bangle was as bad as it got?

With the benefit of hindsight, the E60 was a piece of masterful understatement. The test of time has been kind to it and a nice E60 M5 looks very well, timelessly good to me.

I don’t think time will be kind to the new XM.

Edit: Oops MX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Like 2 air-conditioning units wedged into front bumper

Comment

Dare I say it, I like it!

I think with the onset of electrification we will see more and more futuristic designs....

Comment

I dunno, I think that's better than the current hideous grilles

cq5dam.resized.img.1680.large.time1600905463928.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to disagree completely on the E60, its as awful today as it was at launch imo. The headlights still look like Dame Edna's glasses.

Regardless, the new designs are as bad as I've ever seen. The new iX is a pig - but sales are through the roof, reflected in BMW's bottom line looking very healthy at the moment. Unfortunately I think the crap designs are with us for a good while longer, they're very popular in Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            With the benefit of hindsight, the E60 was a piece of masterful understatement. The test of time has been kind to it and a nice E60 M5 looks very well, timelessly good to me.

I don’t think time will be kind to the new XM.

Edit: Oops MX.
            That looks like a Dodge Durango that was conceived in Alabama.

Also as this man in the go-faster BROWN loafers is pointing out, this is the only XM

https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

I can only assume the designer watched too many re-runs of Knight Rider on Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Check out its arse :D:D:D:Ding hell.

Worth bearing in mind both photos are just renderings from an Instagrammer - so the real version might well look worse.
                Attached Files

Comment

I’m sure BMW is pleased that someone on the internet has created some Photoshop mock-ups so people are talking about new BMW’s in any shape or form. They are otherwise gone from the public consciousness as far as I can tell.
                  I'm with the resistance

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
                    I’m sure BMW is pleased that someone on the internet has created some Photoshop mock-ups so people are talking about new BMW’s in any shape or form. They are otherwise gone from the public consciousness as far as I can tell.
                    They're doing just fine -

BERLIN, Nov 3 (Reuters) - BMW (BMWG.DE) beat analysts' forecasts on Wednesday with a 42.4% increase in third quarter net profits to 2.58 billion euros ($2.99 billion) as higher prices and strong electric vehicle (EV) sales offset lower deliveries due to scarce chips.

Comment

Fu,king hell! What a misproportioned garish looking yoke! The 5-series GT was bad, but the back on that is on a path of a whole different level of ugliness!

I think that they need to poach the Hyundai/ Kia designers to get some decent looking yokes!
                      We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

That is just a fan generated thing and not a production model.

Anyway, it is BMW. They launch a new model and everybody who won’t buy a new one is up in arms about the design. Then when the cars are 5 or 10 years old and those same people are looking to buy them the design has suddenly grown on them. The difference at that point in the cars life is that your money doesn’t go to BMW so they don’t care about your opinion.

Comment

As with designers, you dont like them until you do without realising it.

Comment

The new "double coffin" grilles look much better in real life provided the rest of the spec is right.
                            I hated the photos at first, but the one I saw in person was shadowline with Isle of Man Green and it looked pretty good tbh.

The Bangle stuff has really grown on me in the last couple of years.
                            For the "best of both worlds" you can get an E60 bodykit with the new grille.

bmw-5-series-e60-grille-update-china-m3-grille-corner.jpg

Comment

Has no one seen the new quad exhaust layout on the M3?

Comment

Working...
                              X