Modello supercar experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modello supercar experience

Anybody ever do the porsche experience? Was it any good, I have a voucher that I got of the wife and I would like to do the drift day but can't seem to get mondello on the phone and it won't let me book with a voucher on line, they keep emailing me to remember to book but sure I can't ever time I go to do it🙈
    as Marcus Gronholm once said "up the arse of timo".....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Yes, I did it a few years ago -good if you've never been on a track before, but over before you know it. I then bought a Porsche and have been doing track days ever since

Comment

I did it a few years ago and enjoyed it - Mazda 3 and then 996 3.4 Carrera were the cars when I was there

I’ve never actually tracked one of my own cars, and found the instructor very good with dealing with a novice

Comment

Originally posted by Leins View Post
        I did it a few years ago and enjoyed it - Mazda 3 and then 996 3.4 Carrera were the cars when I was there

I’ve never actually tracked one of my own cars, and found the instructor very good with dealing with a novice
        I did it about 2 years ago, good fun but the 996 was very tired and had seen better days, I'd have definitely gone faster in my own car.

If it were me doing it again I'd spend the extra to do the BMW experience for the M2 Comp and M4.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Comment

I actually done the bmw m2 experience at the weekend.

You get 3 laps in a mini cooper s and then 4 laps in an m2 competition.

Instructors were actually really good. I personally found the m2 despite the considerable extra power easier to get a clean lap. This was down to the engineering in the car however. They are just fantastic.

Expensive but worth it for a taste. Fairly depressing getting into a daily driver afterwards

Comment

Cheers guys, can't wait to give it a go if I can ever contact them
            as Marcus Gronholm once said "up the arse of timo".....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQhQSbe6fw

Comment

Missus got me a voucher for Mondello for our anniversary and split between the supercar experience or the drift experience

Comment

I much preferred the open seater experience at Mondello. Especially if you have ever tracked your own car. Its makes the track come a little more alive than being cooped up inside a tin...

Comment

Haven’t done one myself, but they’ve a F360 now too.
                  I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

I was given a boxster experience but the guy I was with took me out in the 911. He also gave me extra laps in both the 911 and Mazda as he was enjoying himself. The 911 was in pretty rag order tbh. I'd say they are thrashed without mercy so in fairness they show how well out together Porsches are

Comment

I did it myself after getting a voucher as a present. I actually found the Mazda 3 to be more enjoyable than the 911 as you can drive at 10/10 all the way around. I said it to the instructor, who was excellent, and he suggested trying the single seaters next.
                      2016 Ford Fiesta ST
                      1998 Peugeot 106 GTI
                      2001 Toyota MR2

Comment

Originally posted by KevC View Post
                        I did it myself after getting a voucher as a present. I actually found the Mazda 3 to be more enjoyable than the 911 as you can drive at 10/10 all the way around. I said it to the instructor, who was excellent, and he suggested trying the single seaters next.
                        Hahah same! I had the accelerator flat to the mat most of the time in the Mazda and got completely out of shape on one of the bends.
                        My first time driving on a track so I'd no idea what I was doing, but christ it was fun.

Got in the Porsche and was far more cautious going around.

Comment

Working...
                        X