Tyre inflator - recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre inflator - recommendations?

With Christmas coming up, I thought a tyre inflator might be a nice gadget to get as a pressie. The lithium ion battery jobbies seem to be all the rage now, but a mains powered one would also be fine, as I'll be using it in the garage. There's far too much selection on Amazon and I'm paralysed by choice... anyone have any recommendations?

if you have batteries from makita or ryobi or whatever, then one of their tyre inflators would be the thing (I have a makita one and use it a good bit for both bikes and cars)

Comment

The Ring RAC900 in Halfords and elsewhere is solid. It serves me well and it seems to get good reviews from people with large RVs etc. It clips to the car battery.

Comment

Originally posted by tmg View Post
        if you have batteries from makita or ryobi or whatever, then one of their tyre inflators would be the thing (I have a makita one and use it a good bit for both bikes and cars)
        I exclusively use Aldi and Lidl tools

Originally posted by tmg View Post
        Forgot to mention - I'd prefer a digital one that you can just click it and it will take it to the desired pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by dabofoppo View Post

I exclusively use Aldi and Lidl tools

Forgot to mention - I'd prefer a digital one that you can just click it and it will take it to the desired pressure.
          Picked up one in Aldi over 2 years ago for I think €32,it gets used most days in the garage and the unit and battery are still perfect.Hose was short and not the best so I opened it up and fitted a longer hose and now can stand up using it.It's digital,has a light for in the dark and can set it to cut out at a certain pressure.Can also use it from a 12v cig socket if battery goes flat.Should be back in soon as I think I bought it around this time.

First one was workzone,they released it again a year later but was branded ferrex and it is the exact same.
          Last edited by joey; 01-11-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Is that the one that's shaped like a drill?

Comment

Is that the one that's shaped like a drill?
              Ya that's the one.Here a link to it.Got a lot of 5 star reviews.

12v Li-Ion Mini Air Compressor - ALDI UK
              Last edited by joey; 01-11-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I should have bought the Lidl drill style one some Months ago when I bought the impact driver.

Didn’t see them since . . Typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With Christmas coming up, I thought a tyre inflator might be a nice gadget to get as a pressie. The lithium ion battery jobbies seem to be all the rage now, but a mains powered one would also be fine, as I'll be using it in the garage. There's far too much selection on Amazon and I'm paralysed by choice... anyone have any recommendations?

Stay well away from Aldi/ Lidl crap
                  i didn’t and wasted my money
                  ended up buying a foot pump jobbie/-dependable

Comment

I've two of them, one is a main powered one, pretty generic and just pumps away with a gauge so you can't set it and leave it.
                    It works great, pumps real fast and not that bad to use on your driveway once there's a plug within extension cord length.

I also picked up this as thought it could be great, it is good but it'll only pump about 2 normal car tyres on a charge (if even so probably better for topping up)
                    Takes ages aswell, mains one takes about 2 mins to pump a tyre, the battery one takes about 6 mins (but can be preset and just left which is handy)

I just get the feeling there must be alot better battery pumps out there, especially for the price...
                    "750 hp, on a car that i presume still has leaf springs and no seatbelts?
                    I suppose if you want to go out like a man there is no better option" -hi-rev

Comment

Originally posted by Corks finest View Post

Stay well away from Aldi/ Lidl crap
                      i didn’t and wasted my money
                      ended up buying a foot pump jobbie/-dependable

I wouldn't say that. I have Hilti gear and they don't do one to match their batteries so I got a Lidl one. It gets brought to competitions and used all day and I even use it outside the garage as its easier than bringing out a hose from the compressor. I think its very good.

Comment

I have that digital draper above and it’s shite, not a patch on Aldi/Lidl stuff of similar price.
                        Bulld quality is hella shonky and as above , 2 tyres A charge of lucky.
                        Foot pump also shite so interested to see a better brand, solution.

Comment

Xiaomi make one which gets good reviews https://www.xiaomi.ie/xiaomi-mi-portable-air-pump/

Comment

I am also on the lookout for a portable pump. Many of the Aldi / Lidl ones will only pump up to about 80psi and I need to go over 90psi for my trailer tyres.

Comment

This is like the one I have - also the gauges on most of these pumps are not very accurate so I have a proper tyre pressure gauge to ensure I have accurate readings.

Comment

Working...
                              X