No announcement yet.

Highest ever fuel prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The few times I put high octane in a rental it made them noticeably more responsive. It’s worth it for that alone.
    Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

• If fuel prices keep going up surely that means car prices are due to start falling, already in Japan they have started going down.
      My car history:
      1995 Honda Civic, 2002 Honda Civic Vtec-i,1998 FTO GX, 1998 Toyota Chaser, 1995 Toyota Supra, 2001 Toyota MR2, 2007 Nissan Cube, 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z

Comment

• Yes but this is Ireland so everything goes. It might be even opposite
        Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Heilong View Post
          If fuel prices keep going up surely that means car prices are due to start falling, already in Japan they have started going down.
          You’d like to think so but we will still have a shortage of cars to buy so prices will most likely remain high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_Heilong View Post
            If fuel prices keep going up surely that means car prices are due to start falling, already in Japan they have started going down.
            Have you noticed a fall in the general auction prices in Japan?

Comment

• Japan's auction prices are up and down at the minute they aren't climbing as high as they were but they aren't coming down either. Theres more of a plateu that ive noticed anyway. I think there's more at play due to problems with auctions sheets and shady importers being exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by davemx-5 View Post
                Japan's auction prices are up and down at the minute they aren't climbing as high as they were but they aren't coming down either. Theres more of a plateu that ive noticed anyway. I think there's more at play due to problems with auctions sheets and shady importers being exposed.
                Some of the stuff going through is absolute trash and they are being graded as 3.5+
                Most of the good stuff has long exported!

Comment

• With the crazy JDM prices this last while it's not too surprising those in the business are trying to pass off and get top dollar for sub standard cars.

I watched a few videos recently,one by Sammit about the condition of some of the cars being graded 3/4 and having a lot of issues.

The JDM scene needs to start coming back to reality a bit but then I guess so does most car markets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                    With the crazy JDM prices this last while it's not too surprising those in the business are trying to pass off and get top dollar for sub standard cars.

I watched a few videos recently,one by Sammit about the condition of some of the cars being graded 3/4 and having a lot of issues.

The JDM scene needs to start coming back to reality a bit but then I guess so does most car markets.
                    bit off fuel but how would a crisis eg recession have on prices with cars, with most things such as markets the go down as quick as they went up, do rare cars = high price such as certain type R civics etc even in a crises environment ?

2.07 for petrol is the cheapest near me all the rest are 2.14 it’s crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by zFall View Post

bit off fuel but how would a crisis eg recession have on prices with cars, with most things such as markets the go down as quick as they went up, do rare cars = high price such as certain type R civics etc even in a crises environment ?

2.07 for petrol is the cheapest near me all the rest are 2.14 it’s crazy
                      I still believe when interest rates inevitably rise then money will try to flow out of cars, and some of this will look a bit silly in hindsight

Comment

• Is diesel gone higher than petrol again? Went to fill the jeep earlier in Maxol in Blarney and it wasn't until I started filling I realised it was 2.199 for diesel 😲 Petrol was 2.149

Comment

• Originally posted by Smythy411 View Post
                          Is diesel gone higher than petrol again? Went to fill the jeep earlier in Maxol in Blarney and it wasn't until I started filling I realised it was 2.199 for diesel 😲 Petrol was 2.149
                          Might be that the new delivery for diesel has kicked in, but not yet for the petrol in that particular station. Give it a day or so, and I'd imagine that the petrol wil go up too.

One thing that I don't get is that petrol is gone above diesel again so quickly. I mean, for decades, petrol was always more expensive that diesel. In the 70's and 80's there used to be a 20p, or so, difference in price. That gap closed as diesel got more popular, with it getting to within a few cent of petrol for the last 15 or 20 years or so. And it has stayed like that, until the government cut 20c of excise from petrol, and 15 c from diesel in March. And for a breif few weeks , petrol was cheaper that diesel.

Now, petrol has made up all that ground, and it's back up above diesel again. How did that happen? I mean, surely it should have risen by the same percantage as diesel.

Comment

• In the UK diesel was always 10-15p more than petrol.

Comment

• Yep, but here it wasn't. And it's here I'm wondering about.

Comment

• As far as I know, a lot of refined diesel used to come from Russia so there was and perhaps is a particular supply challenge around diesel. Then I think people were panic buying at the start which drove up prices even more. At the moment everything is so random that who knows really.

Oil fell a lot today, by the way. The ol’ talk about recession is beginning to have an impact on oil as well.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X