Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highest ever fuel prices?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Highest ever fuel prices?

    Plenty of garages with petrol over €1.70. I don’t recall ever seeing prices as high as that in Ireland. A bit of a difference from last year. Highest ever? I know oil was expensive about 10 years ago for some reason but the dollar was much weaker then as far as I remember so petrol was around €1.50 €1.60 maybe.

  • #2
    It cant be far off.

    What's a bit head scratching is seeing the price go up nearly daily even though the petrol station hasn't taken in any new stocks of fuel?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DMZ View Post
      Plenty of garages with petrol over €1.70. I don’t recall ever seeing prices as high as that in Ireland. A bit of a difference from last year. Highest ever? I know oil was expensive about 10 years ago for some reason but the dollar was much weaker then as far as I remember so petrol was around €1.50 €1.60 maybe.
      Sure isn't it mostly tax anyway you pay at the pump

      Comment


      • #4
        Electric scooters are the answer to that with the petrol yokes only being used for fun and the diesel jeep only when carrying big stuff.

        Comment


        • #5
          Was reading earlier that by the end of next week prices will hit a new record in England.

          The record price for petrol there is from April 2012 at £1.42.48

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Titan View Post
            It cant be far off.

            What's a bit head scratching is seeing the price go up nearly daily even though the petrol station hasn't taken in any new stocks of fuel?
            I left Maynooth on a Saturday and coming home on the Monday, it had went up 2c. That was before the budget so it naturally went up again then.

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe time for LPG to make a comeback. But man, does it vary. 2 stations 10 minutes from me in opposite directions, one is €1.13 and the other is €0.69.

              Comment


              • #8
                Its all gone mad in Ireland for cost of motoring. They pushing us towards electric car (I'm personally all for electric cars) and at the same time warning of rolling black/brown outs because of the strain on the national grid.

                As a few have said about the petition going around that its just a moan, at least he was trying to change the system. What we really need is someone to formulated a real solution or plan and then go petition it.

                Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
                  Electric scooters are the answer to that with the petrol yokes only being used for fun and the diesel jeep only when carrying big stuff.
                  Wow, somthing that never occured to me regarding fuel stations, Less fuel sales will incur a higher sales price to maintain the same level of return/profit and their running costs and cost of doing business are rising along with every thing else. I suppose that why they are mostly food outlets now.


                  I just wonder how the green party plan to fund goverment if we have no return from fuel or motoring.

                  No smokes, no pubs, no cars = no public purse.
                  Last edited by Rennwagen; 25-10-2021, 12:46 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Highest prices across the water

                    https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2021/1025...8-fuel-prices/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Lol, RTE reporting on UK fuel prices. They are so incredibly pathetic. As a national broadcaster, maybe they could report on Irish prices and their impact? Just a crazy thought. But I guess that would make their pay masters unhappy or involve some actual work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        1.76 a little unleaded out here in Greece at the moment. For a country that the average wage is a lot less than Ireland it's pretty steep. I'm not sure what the situation is for tax/insurance and if that's included.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd happily pay it if it included road tax in the petrol price... so we are being taxed to the neck to fill our cars and then have to pay the yearly subscription of road tax on top.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Derek172 View Post
                            I'd happily pay it if it included road tax in the petrol price... so we are being taxed to the neck to fill our cars and then have to pay the yearly subscription of road tax on top.
                            In an ideal world that would be the way to go but knowing how much they like to squeeze
                            out of the Irish motorist they would probably put the petrol to €10/litre

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I still don’t understand why petrol is more expensive than diesel considering it’s the cleaner fuel.

                              The whole system is so badly thought out, at least clean up electricity generation before funnelling all consumers into electric cars.
                              Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

                              Comment

                              Bottom of thread

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X