Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Car 25 Most Unreliable Vehicles (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Car 25 Most Unreliable Vehicles (UK)

https://www.whatcar.com/news/25-most...le-cars/n17550

Five Range Rover models in the top 10 most unreliable - is that not their entire Range Rover range?

Big surprise to see the Audi A6 being the most unreliable car given the way they are selling around here - most of them UK imports.

Comment

Dominated by VAG and JLR, goes to show.... most peoples presumptions would be Dacia, Kia, Alfa maybe , chinese MG etc.

Comment

mrs 42 is in year 7 of dacia ownership, (admittedly all bought new) and apart from one issue where the key battery was draining on a duster, absolutely no issues with them. As a white good, for non car folk, they are exactly what they say on the tin.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
          Dominated by VAG and JLR, goes to show.... most peoples presumptions would be Dacia, Kia, Alfa maybe , chinese MG etc.
          Personally, I am not surprised about VAG featuring heavily due to experiences I had with a turd of a diesel golf.
          I used to do a return trip from from Dublin-Cork once a week and I still had to get the EGR done three times in as many years (€600-700 each time).
          AC compressor needed replacement (€400), dodgy electrics left me without some interior lights, rear washer hose split and sprayed water into the boot, sticky calipers, plenty of other annoying things I forget.

I've an album of the thing being hauled away on the back of different tow trucks.
          rxCoHSV.png

Comment

Things break on cars, we all know and accept that, its the failures that lead to a recovery truck or in the case of some JLR stuff total write off due to engine failure on a 5 year old car is unacceptable.

My experience with modern Alfas is some minor niggles but nothing that will stop you getting home, and that seems to be the way with the whole model range with the last 12 years.

Its amazing that anyone i've heard of who bought or own a Dacia are pleasantly surprised, they are functional and reliable. And i'm sure the old renault underpinnings make them a decent enough steer

Comment

This is when you hear, "She was totally reliable! Only replaced two window motors, a door handle, an ECU and xxx. But apart from that she has been 100% reliable! I have a ton of receipts to prove it!"

Or else "She has been 100% "fairly" reliable".

We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Originally posted by fortytwo View Post
                mrs 42 is in year 7 of dacia ownership, (admittedly all bought new) and apart from one issue where the key battery was draining on a duster, absolutely no issues with them. As a white good, for non car folk, they are exactly what they say on the tin.
                Always horror stories though, my Dad bought a duster new and the first 18 months of ownership were a nightmare, loads of issues, steering rack went after a couple months, all the electronics started to a to act up on him, garage had the car for ages, had to have something done with resealing the underside of the car as well, paint issues..

Comment

Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
                  Big surprise to see the Audi A6 being the most unreliable car given the way they are selling around here - most of them UK imports.

I was sitting in reception last week waiting to collect my S3. Couldn't help myself earwigging at another customer collecting their car and discussing the work done. A 15 reg 3 litre a6 tdi. What pricked my ears up was the guy at the till casually saying "That'll be €3995" as yer wan handed over the credit card!
                  Seems it was a timing chain amongst other things. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by markcro View Post
                    This is when you hear, "She was totally reliable! Only replaced two window motors, a door handle, an ECU and xxx. But apart from that she has been 100% reliable! I have a ton of receipts to prove it!"

Or else "She has been 100% "fairly" reliable".

I sorted all the issues in the Golf before selling it, hope the young lad that took it off me had fewer issues. I bought an older, cheaper, higher mileage BMW which has literally given me zero bother in three years of ownership despite friends and family telling me I'd regret the purchase.
                    (well, I did the timing chain as preventative maintenance but that was planned and booked in instead of shi**ing itself 280km from home like the Golf did).

Comment

Tbh I’m pretty much disregarding UK reliability reports. That’s just saying which diesels fail the most. US reliability stats are usually quite different. Well other than JLR being at the bottom, lol. That’s a constant in life.
                      I'm with the resistance

Comment

Comment

Loving the attitude there, which Mini is unreliable...all of them 😂

I wonder does he have a load of petrol Auris's and Civics for sale in his garage...

Comment

I like his YouTube channel (High Peak), his videos would put you to sleep sometimes but they're enjoyable.
                            There's no light, There's only fire!

Comment

/\ what a load of horseshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X