Cashing in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashing in.

Anybody debating cashing in on their car considering the current market? Or have already done it?
    Values seem to be crazy at the minute

No,because I like my everyday car and its low enough miles so I should get many years of trouble free motoring from it.My summer weekend car is in perfect condition,is rare and I'd have to travel to the UK to get another one,so too much heartache to do that all over again.Plus I do love the car and enjoy going to shows in it.

Comment

Ive toyed with it a few times but id still have to replace it and end up paying a lot more for something better

Comment

I'd probably sell most of my cars if the price was right, but selling the 640d, which is the daily driver, wouldn't make that much sense - I'd want to replace it with something I like equally, which would probably cost a fair wedge at the moment. Although that said, I'm not 100% that crazy asking prices actually does equate to cars selling for crazy amounts.

Comment

No but I'm glad that I bought some stuff in the last 18 months at a decent discount.
          I'm with the resistance

Comment

Debating it as the toy I have while it is my daily is rarely driven nowadays, we have another car that is the main family car. But need a replacement and nothing is cheap, or what is cheap is old and needs work which I do not have the time for. So while tempting it is, the thoughts of a replacement, dealing a private sale on large amount of cash, etc. is all off putting

Comment

The issue with doing that is there’s no value in the market.

I considered it for about an hour until I realised I’m not sure what I’d replace it with.
              Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Considering selling the daily (again) because I don't use it much at all now as I don't need the seating capacity. Most of the time I use the toy car.
                It's not worth much, though could be considered interesting as it's a petrol and has more than 4 cylinders. If I did sell I would replace it with a small banger or maybe a van.

Comment

Not sure if I'm cashing in as such but I'll be selling out shortly to not lose money while the market is strong.
                  But what to replace it with is the challenge.

Comment

No, and even have been offered a respectable amount more than what I paid for it last year. The problem is while I might get more for it now, I would haves to spend more to end up in something similar / better.
                    Automotive Photographer
                    http://www.pmcgphotos.com/

Comment

We did it with the Challenger and don't regret it. It is rare to buy a new car, drive it for 18 months and 15k and end up making money.

We will just wait until the market reaches some degree of normality next year before buying its replacement.

Comment

I regularly consider selling up I work with the wrenches all day and used to love working on my own stuff but off late it’s the last thing I want to be doing.

Comment

I've considered it a few times of late, I have 5 now E46M3 a Mini GP, a classic corvette, E36 touring and recently an E39 530i M sport so it is starting to get a bit silly, values are tempting.

I did contemplate offloading in the hopes of getting into a 997 Turbo but price wise as Dougal says "that's mad Ted"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tony323I View Post
                            I've considered it a few times of late, I have 5 now E46M3 a Mini GP, a classic corvette, E36 touring and recently an E39 530i M sport so it is starting to get a bit silly, values are tempting.

I did contemplate offloading in the hopes of getting into a 997 Turbo but price wise as Dougal says "that's mad Ted"

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                            I guessed it was you that bought Diarmuid's E39, thats a great buy Tony, best of luck with it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Comment

A few months ago I was considering it but as the market get climbing I decided to shift one. I was driving another and approached by a guy asking would I sell it and we done a deal on the spot! I've bought 4 to replace the 2 that went.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X