Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrored NCB insurance policy

Hi lads,

Looking at insuring the daily car and the weekend car at the moment, seen a few lads mentioning mirrored no claims bonus on the second policy, does any one know any insurance companies offering this on policy on a second car?

Rather have the policy on the second car rather than the hassle of constantly changing over the cars on the one policy!

In my experience of it, it's nudge nudge wink wink. Maybe talk to your existing insurer and ask them very nicely? I've had it done by brokers a couple of times and a couple of times no go. I honestly don't know why it's done sometimes and sometimes not and what the magic handshake looks like. I was offered it by an insurer last year funnily enough but they wouldn't insure anything interesting so it was a waste of time.
    I'm with the resistance

Comment

Originally posted by DMZ View Post
      In my experience of it, it's nudge nudge wink wink. Maybe talk to your existing insurer and ask them very nicely? I've had it done by brokers a couple of times and a couple of times no go. I honestly don't know why it's done sometimes and sometimes not and what the magic handshake looks like. I was offered it by an insurer last year funnily enough but they wouldn't insure anything interesting so it was a waste of time.
      Yeah can't seem to see anything advertised by any companies on it but as you say, it seems to be a bit of a nudge nudge wink! Unfortunately the car is a few years off a classic policy yet!

Comment

Chubb through a broker will do it. Rates are reasonable for anything I have enquired about but they are not what I would describe as cheap.

I have had my policy mirrored on to a commercial/van policy once.

BOI would mirror for me on my private policy but the car had to be less than 10 years old so it was a no go for me given what I was looking at at the time.

Comment

Dual through a broker will do it too.

Comment

When I looked a few years back only axa would, but you had to stay with them for 5 years to get a usable ncb out of them at the end. I just ended up starting a new policy.
            https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

I think talking to a broker makes sense anyhow. They might be able to solve it. This will require nudging and winking…

The likes of Chubb will be mega expensive and maybe worth it if you have expensive cars where agreed value matters and you value their approach to insurance.
              I'm with the resistance

Comment

My brother spent a lot of time recently trying to get one sorted - no one offered it at all. Chill offered him a reasonable rate on a brand new policy starting with 0% NCB, but he decided against it in the end. Chubb need a minimum of €40k worth of cover to take your business, which he didn't have.

Comment

I've been looking at this on and off for a while, as mentioned AXA do a dual car policy but nobody else can drive the cars. I don't know if this can be amended but I didn't enquirer. Chubb do it through a broker but as mentioned they aren't for cheaper cars.

I was insured with 123.ie at the time when I was looking and they said no and I told them I would leave over it and they said fine.

Comment

Axa do offer it but like you said only the policy holder is insured. I Looked into it a while back and they wanted me to remove my open drive in order to insure the second car. If you've any named driving experience built up on someone else policy you can use that as a starting point on a fresh policy. Wont be the cheapest option but you've no mileage limit, can use it for work etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ptank View Post
                      Axa do offer it but like you said only the policy holder is insured. I Looked into it a while back and they wanted me to remove my open drive in order to insure the second car. If you've any named driving experience built up on someone else policy you can use that as a starting point on a fresh policy. Wont be the cheapest option but you've no mileage limit, can use it for work etc
                      My brother rang AXA, they them him they no longer offer it. Maybe you need to offer them a funny handshake to get it

Comment

In my experience, you need to go to a boutique broker and/or know someone. The outfits where you call a call centre and somebody takes your details... that will never work. It's a pain in the balls anyhow.
                        I'm with the resistance

Comment

kdevitt The usual crap with the industry. It was 2 months ago or so I was looking into it. Id gotten a decent quote online on a new policy with axa using my named driving experience on another policy. When it came to retrieving the quote I was told to call them. It was at that point they offered to mirror my no claims of my main policy onto a second

Comment

I've gotten it with AXA through a broker .
                            I'd also try calling into an office, I know for example FBD were much more flexible when face to face rather than over the phone.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Amjon View Post

I have had my policy mirrored on to a commercial/van policy once.

Who was this with?
                              I might go commercial for a while. But only if insurance wasn't anything stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X