BE liscnece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BE liscnece

I want to get a trailer learners. I obviously have a B liescnece, & A1 Bike, I most recently did the theroy test in 2013 for a A1 , will i need to resit the theory test and get an eye test again. The NDL source are very vague.

I think theory test will be needed and not eye test, similar question asked here previously
    http://www.backroads.ie/forum/car-re...158#post913158
    ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

yes you must have a theory test on file with in the last 2 years..... Just got my BE learners a couple of weeks ago....

Comment

What does a BE learner permit allow you to tow, same as full BE license providing you have a full BE license holder with you?

Comment

Theory test on file, max 2 yrs, what Mick said. Has annoyed quite a few people that it wasn't extended as apparently when tests were stopped and delayed, the theory test expired and could not be retaken in time due to lockdowns.

Comment

i did my theory test in 2002 and walked in to the NDLS an got a BE licence ?
              looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2 View Post
                Done mine in 2009 and I got a BE learners permit last year too.

Comment

If you took the theory test and got a licence with it then it's still valid.

if you took the theory test and did nothing with it then it lapses. Lord knows why.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for an instructor with vehicle in Thurles or Clonmel? I've the provisional since just before lockdown and I'd like to crack on and get the licence. The van being so wide isnt ideal for the test so may as well hire something with the trailer.

Comment

The UK are currently after doing away with the BE, Anyone with a B is now granted a full BE.

It's a load of balls anoway, Should be a day course about safety as in how to load correctly, nose weight, towing weight and how to balance properly. Even throw in a few tips for strapping loads. Pointless doing a test with a small 8x4 with a few blocks.

Comment

Anyone do the test? Is it all this 10-2, handbrake up at lights b/s or is it practical and real world?
                      looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

Not sure. But did both the rigid and artic tests. Which I must say were very easy here. Never used them in anger in this country after but did it for the BE mainly.
                        Probably no hill start and the reversing will be done in the NDLS yard.
                        I had been driving interstate trucking in the states for the summer before so the small artic seemed like a toy.

The American CDL in Arizona required a 120 point check of the truck and trailer and also a parallel park in a tight space on your blind side. It was all impressive for a test except that the manger of the company did the test in his own yard and also was stuck for drivers😂

Comment

I'm old enough to never having done a theory test but its clearly documented that it needs to be with in 2 years...... but why am I not surprised the ruls stand for nothing.....

P155ed with my self for allowing my truck license to expire....

Comment

Anyone do the test? Is it all this 10-2, handbrake up at lights b/s or is it practical and real world?
                            Same bulsh1t test....

Comment

Yep. Same BS and the reversing around a corner. It was handy enough but I was given a mark for coming around a slight right hand bend where a truck was unloading.

Tester couldn't see the granny I could getting out her car and walking into the shop so I just backed off and he said I was too slow through there. I was tempted to tell him where to go.

As mentioned it's not very practical but you're legal for the boys in blue and insurance.

I used a company in Naas. Their jeep and trailer. The handy thing is that they will usually have the optimum setup for the test and also know the route. Plus they will catch any bad habits you might have over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X