Nissan 400Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deltona View Post

In Europe the GR86 starts at 35k, but the 400Z starts at 37k, despite being closer to the Supra as a contender when you consider the powerplant.
    I don't think it matters though. Aside from GR86s selling out anyway, I think if you were the sort of person who really wants a GR86, you're unlikely to be swayed by a 400Z. If you were to put modern mainstream volume manufacturer semi attainable coupes on a spectrum of scalpel sharp and precise but lacking in poke on end, represented by the GR86, then KFC buckets of hamfisted power in an blunt instrument of a chassis on the other end, represented by the Dodge Challenger, then say the 400Z and current mustang would probably sit somewhere near the midpoint of that line, with the 400Z slightly on the GR86s side of the fence, but only just.

It really depends what mix of quarter mile brawn and touge warrior you're looking for, there's no right answer only the one that's right for you and it's great at least some parts of the world are getting more choice.

I do feel though, that barring some sort of unexpected hydrogen/e-fuel revolution, the ICE is already done here for the average enthusiast, it's just gotten too punitive for most people now, beyond even the driving a 3 litre on the old CC system sort of levels but psychologically much harder to justify. Even if you can justify it, the average CO2 thing will just ensure ICE enthusiast cars die out rapidly. I mean if Honda, who sell mostly Hybrid Jazz and some Civics in Europe have to go cap in hand to Tesla to avoid fines, what hope have you get for much more spiciness down the line as the average creeps from an already unsustainable 95g/km right down to 65g/km.

This is why I find it near impossible to get excited about most modern ICE car reviews now, new ICE cars are starting to get less relevant than a Ferrari Testarossa in my world now in terms of something I'm likely to be able to justify owning.

For me, proper EV sports cars can't come fast enough, not because I think they're neccesarily better as enthusiast machines, but pretty much the only way forward. It's enthusiast EVs or no new enthusiast cars at all.

I'm not talking about your 90s s**tbox weekend "classic" you'll keep forever - I'm talking about anything manufactured from here on in.
    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• I take it you haven’t looked at EV prices then

Comment

• Originally posted by Cold View Post
        I take it you haven’t looked at EV prices then
        I have, and the prices are still way up there, with average car prices in general rising as cheaper models get cut out of ranges, but it's not even about what I can afford to buy, it's about what manufacturers in the EU market can afford to sell. Like I said, if you're Honda mainly making sensible shoes OAP mobiles but the EU still acts like you're pumping out 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supremes for the LOLs, then I don't think anything vaguely interesting with an ICE has a future without being a plug in hybrid, which is sort of the worst of both worlds, and you may as well let go and go full EV.

Hopefully EVs will get cheaper and lighter and it's mainly what's happening in the very niche electric motorcycle market that could carry over to a new type of lightweight sportscar, than whatever Elon Musk or Mary Barra is doing that gives me some hope.
        https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• I didn't like the 400Z in yellow either, but in other colours it look very nice. Very cool car.
          We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• It is actually just called the Nissan Z.

I think 400Z would have been cool given it has 400hp though.

Comment

• Nice video if you guys haven’t seen it featuring plenty of Japanese cars with the Z the main attraction.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
              Working...
              X