No announcement yet.

Nissan 400Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving on from the "generic" engine, to the genericness of the chassis...

It seems this car is still a Z34 chassis, just with a newer body and engine, but I suspected it was heavily 370z derived. They might work wonders, but I wonder if a car based on a 14 year old platform is really going to cut it now? We'll see soon enough I guess.

Why the 2023 Nissan Z is still a Z34, not a Z35 | Japanese Nostalgic Car
    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Well I missed this thread when it was current but wow didn't it get all very theological generically speaking. I rarely concern myself too much about a car's engine unless it has a tendency to blow up like the one in my old 997. Id feel much more confident if a car had an engine derived from a car who's sales are measured in millions.

Not being a particular Japanese car fan I really like this new Nissan as well as the Supra and I am sure in a few years the Jap imports will see a few coming here. I was just lamenting the other day the total lack of any nice sporty cars available here from Ford other than the basic Mustang in which form I suspect its not really all that "sporty" so I applaud Nissan and Toyota for still doing something for the more sporty drivers.

Comment

Interesting enough vid, even if it’s from the yanks...
        I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

I like Camissa's stuff. There'll be a wave of 400Z videos in the next week or so, which is a Good Thing.
          If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

Doug DeCarsandBids can feck off. Dealer markups probably went up 10% after that.

Comment

I don't think you'll need to worry all that much about dealer markup around here. I'll wait until Throttle House get their hands on one and hopefully they will do something other than a drag race video.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold View Post
                  I don't think you'll need to worry all that much about dealer markup around here.
                  True, it's like saying Unicorn Dragons just got harder to find, it's more in sympathy to our US contingent. He more impacts the neo classic market, any time he points out the "quirks and features" of some obscure JDM kei car or whatever, the price jumps overnight.

Comment

Yeah when he did Jay Leno's McLaren F1 video he probably added $5mill onto the price 😁

Comment

• Nissan really did a great job with this car. It is well priced (in line with a 4-cyl Supra), looks great and all of the reviews that I have read so far at least are very positive. Hats off to them, I hope enthusiasts put their money where their mouth is and buy lots of these.

ICE may be functionally extinct but with things like this it'll at least make these last few years of new car ICE relevancy interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
                        Is it just me that finds he reminds you of a slightly less annoying Quentin Tarantino? (I love Tarantino films by the way)
                        Last edited by markcro; 17-05-2022, 06:02 PM.
                        We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• I think he's Tarantino's long lost son.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                            I think he's Tarantino's long lost son.
                            Yeah, hahaha!

I'm drained after watching 15mins of it, had to turn it off to take a break. Will watch the rest later tonight.

We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

• Luckily I had until now managed to avoid this clown. He makes Shmee look intelligent based on the 10 seconds or so that I managed to watch before turning off.

Comment

• The 400Z is definitely a very interesting option, isn't it?

In Europe the GR86 starts at 35k, but the 400Z starts at 37k, despite being closer to the Supra as a contender when you consider the powerplant.

I wasn't sold on the yellow and orange colours being publicised, and whilst blue definitely looked better to my eyes it also still wasn't quite there. But I just watched Matt Farah review a 400Z in red with a black roof and the colour combo suits the car perfectly. It works really well with the styling.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X