Nissan 400Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan 400Z

So Nissan had a sort of launch tonight on Youtube showing off their prototype update on the 370Z.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan...-proto-concept

They are calling it the Proto Z as they say it's still a prototype but it will most likely be
    pretty close to the car that goes on sale.
    It's obviously very closely related to the overall shape of the 370Z, stubby tail and long bonnet.
    Not so sure on the front grill, why do manufacturers have such a hard time designing good looking grilles these days?

But....it isn't coming to Europe, at all!!

Nissan is blaming a shrinking sports car market and emission regulations in Europe.
    Both points are hard to ignore but other manufacturers have launched Twin Turbo V6 engined
    cars such as the M2 etc. so I didn't think it was such big issue.

My eyes!

I braced myself but the grill was still intense. It looks like the car is saying "ARRRGGHHHH" ...Still better than the new 4 series though...

I like the retro vibes / hommage to previous generations.

These really are the end times for the traditional car enthusiast though. Last call, buy your (big engined) sports cars now or forever hold your peace.
    Current: '08 Mercedes-Benz C63 //AMG
    Previous:

Comment

lots of 260z cues in there - grille is definitely one of them. just bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
        Nissan is blaming a shrinking sports car market and emission regulations in Europe.
        Both points are hard to ignore but other manufacturers have launched Twin Turbo V6 engined
        cars such as the M2 etc. so I didn't think it was such big issue.
        I've been saying this for ages, but I think it's only starting to sink in, things are going to get very grim for cars in Europe from here on out.
        https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Other than the grill and the colour, its not that bad.

Comment

I don't love it. I'd like to see it in a different colour.
            https://www.picfair.com/users/MarkT128/

Comment

It looks good. Finally. The 350Z & 370Z were awkward looking things. That tyre profile makes me happy too. Nothing worse than a sports car with stupidly huge wheels and sprayed on tyres.
              It's a shame it's come too late.

Comment

It's all kind of irrelevant what we think though isn't it? This thing, like the original 240z is aimed squarely at the US market. They get all the good stuff while we limp further into nettle trouser misery, which in a world where people might drive a lot less anyway, seems even more pointless than ever.

Anyway - bit of Z32 300ZX about the rear lights, so at least it'll look nice as it disappears into the distance..
                https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Originally posted by crank_case View Post
                  Anyway - bit of Z32 300ZX about the rear lights, so at least it'll look nice as it disappears into the distance..
                  Thought that the rear light section had a look of a Mustang there.

I think it is a decent enough looking thing and thankful that manufacturers are making cars like these still. JDM imports will be our only hope, maybe Brexit might mean they get to sneak in a few in the UK?

Comment

I'm not convinced it'll do that well in the US either. Plenty of competition

Comment

I like it. Some of the more drastic styling will get toned down for production, I'm sure. But it's a compact design, with nice design cues reminiscent of older models, I'm sure there'll be a few private imports from Japan in time.
                      I also like that it's all Nissan, there's no platform sharing as with the Supra/Z4 or GT86/BRZ.
                      If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think you're technical, go crude. I'm a very technical boy.

Comment

I like it too. But yellow is a bad colour. I would say it would look so much better in a different colour.
                        We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

I like it... the rear is much better then the front.... harking back to the original Z....

Comment

Look forward to seeing the inevitable Nismo versions etc!

Comment

I've been struggling to bring something from my subconscious to the surface, but this did it.....it feels like we are reliving the worst aspects of 1970s design aesthetics....designs that look like a child created them on an etch-a-sketch. Colour schemes that are jarring and badly combined. Material mixes that are just wrong on the eye....case in point the Tesla truck, this Nissan to name but a few.....it all reminds me of brown and orange carpets, with yellow curtains and velour covered couches!!!!

That car is just fugly!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X