No announcement yet.

New season of Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The champagne bottle breaking the rear windscreen was an actual lol moment for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
      What a joke this programme has become - Mat LePlank's script delivery is like watching a 12 year old read their essay to the class. Then we had the Bernie Eccelstone interview - not much more than Eddie Jordan passing him in the street and saying "hiya - how's it goin"

Always nice to see JK back but you could sense his frustration with the presenters too.
      Yes it is a bit of a joke but it has been for a long time and it badly needed a change and I'm glad the producers seem to be trying new ideas even if they don't always work. Chris Evans being one idea that didn't and they have moved on from that.
      On the Brernie interview, I'm not a fan so anything I would say about Bernie would leave the post full of smiley faces, but new to me was the reference to Bernies supposed involvement in the Great Train Robbery. It is almost believable but is it just some late April Fools joke or some daily newspapers alternative fact?
      The longer interviews can be enjoyable when the star is a genuine petrol head. As for Jkays lap. I thought it was much faster than the results showed and I assume he was a bit p155 at the result.
      When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.

Very often that individual is crazy.

Comment

• Very much enjoyed the series, onward and upward
        meatballs

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
          I can't figure out what he's there for. What's his provenance? He's not a driver, he's not a presenter, his reviews are a bit wannabe-youtuber. I had to mute most of the Nurburgring lap because of all the screaming and shouting.
          I wouldn't be surprised if they ditch Rory Reid. I liked him in the previous season but now he's just turning into an irrelevance sitting on the corner of the couch saying not much. So they should ditch him in my opinion. I think having an actual presenter can lift some of the segments where Chris Harris struggles.

I'm also not convinced about his love for American cars. It's as though he was told to be the new Richard Hammond.

Comment

• Harris has been the biggest surprise for me i found him a pain on youtube but thinks hes perfect on topgear a bit of a James May character who is actualy a fantastic pilot!

Comment

• I liked the cars in this.

The presenters have been awful. They seem almost robot like they are that scripted. I like Chris Harris usually but he annoyed me on top gear for some reason.

The only one I thought was half decent at reviewing cars was Rory, don't like his part when hes on the couch, feels a bit forced
              Vtec addict

Comment

• One of the subtle things I like about Top Gear now is an unabashed love for mechanical things that isn't couched in irony or brushed over because "no-one cares at dinner parties" Clarkson style. Cars, bikes, industrial machinery, it's all good.

Haven't seen the latest episode, but my favorite part of the series so far has to be King of the Hammers, no "we're so silly, so we can not take it seriously" nonsense, they actually went for it, not contrived, not scripted, totally awesome.
                https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Matt let blanc is annoying me a bit.... his descriptions are terrible. Something along the lines of "It feels very.... feelsome" what WTF does that mean.

Comment

• It's a car program again and all the better for it.

Comment

• ha ha...my wife walked out last week during Top Gear and declared... "im not watching this any more its too much about cars now"

Deadly...

Comment

• I did think the Boat bit last night was stupid.... Its was a boat with the top shell of the car stuck on... Not exactly making the car into a boat.... Bit annoying... But the car reviews bit are good... That said I always liked the old "entertainment" show also...

Comment

• So, it's end of season 2 of NTG. Slowly improving but often takes two steps backwards!
                          Matt is a prat. Rory is boring. Lose them both for the next series.
                          Keep Sabine and Eddie for short features as they're both a bit zany!
                          Definitely make Chris Harris the front man. He's come on in leaps and bounds.......and he's a mighty wheel man!!!
                          What's Quentin Wilson doing these days?
                          Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Comment

• I think the trio work quite well together and this season has been head and shoulders above last season. ...however has anyone watched extra gear? The new presenter is really not good. Really, really not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lucanlaw View Post
                              What's Quentin Wilson doing these days?
                              Have you seen the cringefest that was the classic car show with him and Jodie Kidd? Seriously, he makes Roger Moore look normal.
                              https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Agreed, but he wasn't that bad in old, old, even older, Top Gear. And Edd China is at a loose end too!!!!
                                Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X