No announcement yet.

New season of Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest surprise of the episode was DB11 being slower than Giulia Quadrifoglio
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike205 View Post
      The biggest surprise of the episode was DB11 being slower than Giulia Quadrifoglio
      It's a much bigger car, 1770 kg kerb weight versus a more track focused Alfa at 1374 kg and has a poorer power to weight ratio. It's a bit pudgy really.
      sigpichttps://mingshitters.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by foyler View Post
        Best episode in a loooong time, new and old.
        Yeah. Just catching up on it now. The car slots are really good. I can't comment on the celeb bits cos I'm just fast forwarding them as usual, though I like yer wan and loved Episodes.

Anyway. Matt LeBlanc is the main man. He's so comfortable in front of the camera, he's engaging and natural and seems to know his cars too. The Bond mock up was actually very entertaining. Harris was gas as the Dr No. Was a pity he didn't do the Austin Powers pinky to the side of his mouth bit . Was delighted to see they've ditched that "some say..." pre-Stig boll0x too.

The Fi-AH-t 124 bit was top class. Beautifully shot, the production is immaculate, and I genuinely lol'd at the Vegas movie set twist.

Wish they'd not dumb it down quite so much though - if the aston engine is smaller, how much smaller is it? - What was it before, what's it now. No harm in a bit of detail is there.

And what's the bag with the other dude...
        Reminds me of this lad

I can't figure out what he's there for. What's his provenance? He's not a driver, he's not a presenter, his reviews are a bit wannabe-youtuber. I had to mute most of the Nurburgring lap because of all the screaming and shouting.

Looking forward to next week though I must say - if I heard right then we're going to have a motorbike reviewed on Top Gear for the first time ever!!! Ducati 1299 panigale was it?

Comment

Only got to watch Sundays episode last night, really really enjoyed it to be honest. Start to finish it kept me entertained with what i think now, is a perfect mix of car info / specs etc and entertainment. Well done TG.

Comment

Only watched the episodes now, thanks to the reviews by you guys. Have to say they are a big improvement over the old Clarkson format and style. I know it's scripted, but it's presented a lot better. Le Blanc is a very good host, funny and engaging. The personality segment is a bit long, but, thankfully the new car makes it bearable.

I had only watched the first episode of The Grand Tour, which looked promising, but, God Almighty, after watching about four more episodes it's very disappointing - my grandkids love it, a five and nine year old, and I think that it is aimed at kids and teens, or Americans.

The three guys are just coasting now, I had to skip a lot of the scripted banter as it was so annoying.

Comment

Just caught episode 4 on the iPlayer with nice fast hotel wifi. I only planned to skip through it before bed but watched start to finish, great show.

Comment

Originally posted by bloke View Post

Looking forward to next week though I must say - if I heard right then we're going to have a motorbike reviewed on Top Gear for the first time ever!!! Ducati 1299 panigale was it?

Old school TG used to do bike reviews, back in the 90's iirc.
                I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                  Old school TG used to do bike reviews, back in the 90's iirc.
                  Did they on tv? They used to have tiny slots in the mag alright.

Comment

Yep, distinctly remember this Hayabusa one.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaPb-rOc1X4

first production bike to hit 200mph iirc.....
                    I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Yeah they used to have a dedicated presenter on the old TG who did bikes stuff - Steve Berry was his name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Berry_(presenter)

Comment

• Torpoodo!

We now have a new word people.

Comment

• What a joke this programme has become - Mat LePlank's script delivery is like watching a 12 year old read their essay to the class. Then we had the Bernie Eccelstone interview - not much more than Eddie Jordan passing him in the street and saying "hiya - how's it goin"

Always nice to see JK back but you could sense his frustration with the presenters too.
                          Last edited by Alfaguy; 23-04-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdf View Post
                            Torpoodo!

We now have a new word people.
                            It was the first time I'd heard cigar fish too.

Comment

• This was the only episode of this season's TG that I watched in its entirety. I enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect but crucially didn't have the big dips that the other episodes had.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
                                I can't figure out what he's there for. What's his provenance? He's not a driver, he's not a presenter, his reviews are a bit wannabe-youtuber. I had to mute most of the Nurburgring lap because of all the screaming and shouting.
                                :
                                I have to say I like him - he's clearly into cars and he's not in the stratosphere like everyone else - when he was reviewing the Twingo or the Focus RS I really got the feeling that he'd love to own one; rather than heading back to his McLaren afterwards. Also he's pro electric car which is a change.

Also I used to find Chris Harris very annoying but now he keeps saying things I agree with.
                                "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X