New season of Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deltona View Post
    30 seasons no less, 30 seasons! In fairness the last 2 seasons have been entertaining in a 'brain-off-don't-expect-much' kind of way. But it's a weekend entertainment show, not a motoring or car enthusiast show.
    Yeah, but it feels like it's dropped into the realm of strictly come dancing, I'm sure people enjoy it and good for them, but I find myself similarly indifferent. I couldn't tell you when its on or be bothered to find out. I'm sure people will tell me it's worth tuning in for again, but I just can't muster the enthusiasm.

It's not simply that youtube has the proper gearhead stuff covered now, but if you also just want people doing dumb stuff, there's people doing that too.
    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Reviving older thread on the show, anyone see last week's episode?

Half of it was an emotional tribute to Eddie Kidd, someone who I've to admit I'd never heard of before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrasslers View Post
        Reviving older thread on the show, anyone see last week's episode?

Half of it was an emotional tribute to Eddie Kidd, someone who I've to admit I'd never heard of before.
        I’d never heard of him either, but thoroughly enjoyed the episode! Looking forward to tonight’s

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrasslers View Post

Me either, my first reaction was "who?", but based on a quick google search, his story would probably be quite interesting. Not sure it's enough to make me seek out that episode of Top Gear though.

Not going to crap on it if people like it, I just find it so much more interesting to watch something on youtube these days were they can really go down the rabbit hole on these things. It's amazing the level of research that some relatively small content creators come up with that puts TV to shame.
          Last edited by crank_case; 21-11-2021, 05:16 PM.
          https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• I enjoyed the piece with the Giulia QV GTAm, Aston, and the Maclaren. Worth a watch.

I'd not heard of Eddie Kidd, but do remember seeing stuff from the Bulldog Bash in print and on satellite tv way back when.

Comment

• Agreed, the sports car piece was very good as "prime time" TV goes. It's the Hurcan STO tonight I guess, should be good.

Comment

• I had heard of Eddie Kidd but had not heard how he ended up. I think he did a jump show in Killarney back in the '80's

Comment

• Eddie Kidd was a legend and a staple of British life growing up. I can totally see why Paddy felt the way he did. Just need Dougie Lambkin and junior kickstart back and my childhood would be brought back....

Must get a list of these YouTubers as I've only found 1 or 2 that I'm able to sit and watch. Top gear is a light entertainment show based around motoring it ceased being a car show long ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Gn3dr View Post
                    I had heard of Eddie Kidd but had not heard how he ended up. I think he did a jump show in Killarney back in the '80's
                    Yep, he did a tour in the '80's and I was at that show.

Surprised not too many people had heard of him. We used to call him Eddie 'the' Kidd (didn't realies at the time, his name was Kidd xD )

I enjoyed the episode last week.

On the Youtube side of things, while I like a lot of the channels, they are all becoming very similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xodar View Post

Yep, he did a tour in the '80's and I was at that show.

Surprised not too many people had heard of him. We used to call him Eddie 'the' Kidd (didn't realies at the time, his name was Kidd xD )

I enjoyed the episode last week.

On the Youtube side of things, while I like a lot of the channels, they are all becoming very similar.
                      Seen through glass is a proper good channel, worth a look

Comment

• Originally posted by bmwaddict View Post

Seen through glass is a proper good channel, worth a look
                        Yeah, have been following that channel along with: (ranked in brackets)

Gears & Gasoline (1)
                        Carfection (1)

Hoovies Garage (2)
                        Collecting Cars (2)

Speed Academy (3)
                        Car Throttle (4)
                        Bad Obsession Motorsport (5)
                        Rich Rebuilds (6)
                        Tavarish (7)
                        2 Wheel Pursuit (8)

The Drive (9)
                        That Dude In Blue (9)

Devon Niemela (10)
                        Juicebox (11)
                        The Straight Pipes(12)
                        Petrolicious (13)
                        Lovecars (14)
                        Throtl (15)

Throttle House
                        Colette Davis
                        Burlacher
                        Matt Armstrong

Maybe too many subscriptions

Comment

• I think last weeks episode was really good. Last series was great too, it’s a car show again with a bit of messing but not the kind of nonsense Clarkson and lads were at towards the end.
                          In fairness I’d watch Harris review anything

Comment

• Really enjoyed last week’s show Eddie Kidd was well known to us growing up both my parents rode bikes and still watch a fair bit of two wheeled action
                            Chris Harris can steer less than a second behind Lando in the McLaren LT

Comment

• Sam's side channels Behind the Glass and the other F1 he does are also pretty good.

I do enjoy seeing Tony on Behibd the Glass,he has zero filter 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                                Sam's side channels Behind the Glass and the other F1 he does are also pretty good.

I do enjoy seeing Tony on Behibd the Glass,he has zero filter 😂
                                Haha their podcast is one of the highlights of my week. One of the best.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X