Motor Insurance Gone To Hell... 2017-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foyler View Post
    Isn't it time for a thread title to something like.....We know you robbing bastards are still lieing thru your teeth and fleecing us , but at least the EU & Pearse Hai Doherty & the Insurance regulator have softened your cough for a while
    Pearse Doherty can't be given credit here

Comment

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post
      Personal injury claims have dropped massively in Ireland - I assume we will all see massive discounts on our premiums soon.

Personal injuries awards drop 40% since new guidelines introduced (thejournal.ie)
      Yup, but wasn't there another governemt levy on insurance proposed in the budget? I was to pissed off at the suggestion so I didnt want to check if it came through ha ha

Comment

• Haven’t we all had reduced premiums? I’m paying pretty much the lowest car insurance that I think I’ve ever paid in Ireland. Older and wiser and all that and Covid would have had a big impact but I think something somewhere is working in our favour.
        I'm with the resistance

Comment

• Car insurance has come down in most cases I think but insurance companies are still making very healthy profits considering claims have dropped by something like 40%.

I dont think the likes of business insurance has dropped.I heard one business owner on the news saying their premium went from about €20k to over €80k.
          Beyond crazy.

Comment

• Overall insurance costs have shot up by 15pc since new guidelines on award levels were introduced, a survey of motorists, businesses and community groups has found.
            https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

• Originally posted by DMZ View Post
              Haven’t we all had reduced premiums? I’m paying pretty much the lowest car insurance that I think I’ve ever paid in Ireland. Older and wiser and all that and Covid would have had a big impact but I think something somewhere is working in our favour.
              No is the quick answer here DMZ. Not too many years back I was getting fully comp with full no claim protector for about €300 on the daily.
              More like double that now. Age of car is a big factor I guess
              2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - Daily Driver
              2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo
              2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - The Beast - resting for now
              2000 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Auto Verde Argo - the Baby
              1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
              1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper - the other Baby

Comment

• If there is any chance of the authorities doing something about making these blood suckers
                reducing their prices (Not Likely) now that they have reduced the value of insurance payouts and so have very much reduced their costs,
                would there be any chance of them dealing with insurance companies utterly screwing people with cars that are aged between 10-20 years old.

Again...not very likely.

Comment

• Just renewed on the F31 340i, best price ive been paying for years and arguably five times the car! €403. Christ my classic policy for two cars is €380

Comment

• I've got a great quote from Aviva recently and a good 30% reduction on last years best price, best I've gotten in years.
                    Comic Sans, the choice of the professional.

Comment

• Fully comp on the gt86 for 470, first time in my life that my tax was more than my insurance too

Comment

• Originally posted by fez View Post
                        Fully comp on the gt86 for 470, first time in my life that my tax was more than my insurance too
                        That is about one of the only advantages of getting old😁

Comment

• Originally posted by crank_case View Post
                          https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/insurance/insurance-costs-soar-15pc-despite-drop-in-payouts-40962074.html

Charlie Weston used to be a good reliable personal finance journalist, but over the last number of years he has descended into a gutter journalist all about click bait pretty much in line with the way the independent has moved.

I dont know how he still has a job, most of his articles revolve around opening his article from 12months ago and changing a few words and elevate the level of outrage.

Comment

• I find there's such a disparity between the quotes people here get and what I see on other Irish forums.
                            /r/Ireland on Reddit seems to be full of people on max NCB paying over a grand for basic insurance on a 1.1L hatchback.

Comment

• Tell them to buy 5.5l V8's. It solves everything.
                              I'm with the resistance

Comment

• A chap I know recently bought a Golf R, he is a 22 year old student with 1 year NCB.
                                Managed to get insured with Aviva for €1300. I couldn't belive it when he told me, and another thing, he plans on modding it so asked about adding an intake system, resonator delete on the exhaust and stage 1 ECU & TCU map. No problem they said, it will be an extra €250, maybe the whole computer says no attitude to mods is changing.

Comment

Working...
                                X