Altezza - IS200 VRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altezza - IS200 VRT

Am I correct in saying that someone on here VRT’d an Altezza and appealed it using the values of an IS200?

Can’t find it in search but using Tapatalk so my not be the best.

If so, can you post a link. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was an aristo, appealed as a Lexus gs300

Comment

If It's any help

VRT was €1,052.33 for a 2004 IS200
      VAT and Duty was €1,239.60

On Jan 5th

Whether you can swing that on a Tezza, I don't know but worth a try
      Last edited by Rochey; 25-01-2023, 02:39 PM.

Comment

The Aristo was my appeal.

I'm helping a chap with a Stage 1 appeal on an Altezza. Its in with Revenue at the moment, with the same argument that it's similar to an IS200.

The signs so far are that Revenue are still neglecting that section of the VRT manual so fully expecting to go to Stage 2 (Tax Appeal Commissioners).

If I can help, drop me a PM.

Comment

Thanks all,

Yes I knew I didn’t dream this up!
          Friend of a friend is thinking of importing an Altezza from Japan and was wondering about VRT, VAT, etc.

Nothing cheap when it comes to Revenue

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Taybag View Post
            The Aristo was my appeal.

I'm helping a chap with a Stage 1 appeal on an Altezza. Its in with Revenue at the moment, with the same argument that it's similar to an IS200.

The signs so far are that Revenue are still neglecting that section of the VRT manual so fully expecting to go to Stage 2 (Tax Appeal Commissioners).

If I can help, drop me a PM.
            Thanks,

I will let him know and may be in contact.

Comment

Out of interest how does this appeal work, same chassis with a different engine? Could you push it to bringing a 440i in and claiming its the same as a 420d.......

Comment

I know of a recent altezza in meath, 9k vrt

Comment

Wow! Some price to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by 874age View Post
                    where the hell did the pick that figure. 12 or 13k would get one in Ireland handy Id imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by daves86 View Post
                      Out of interest how does this appeal work, same chassis with a different engine? Could you push it to bringing a 440i in and claiming its the same as a 420d.......
                      Ya that ^^^ but make it a 420i so you dont get hit with large NOX charges

Comment

Originally posted by 874age View Post
                        That seems very high.. In recent weeks I've seen VRT receipts for a 1999 for circa €5k, and a last of the line 2005 for circa €6k.

Happy to give him some pointers for an appeal if he wants to get in touch. Remember there's a 2 month window to lodge an appeal, post registration

Comment

Originally posted by daves86 View Post
                          You need to identify a "similar" model to the 440i.
                          A 420d likely won't cut it based on price/cc/fuel/CO2 but there may be some other favourably valued similar cars on the calculator to argue. Ie big, heavy, RWD, petrol, Jags/Mercs/Lexus/BMW/etc
                          Extract from VRT Manual Section 8
                          3.1.2......Where an identical vehicle is not available for comparison purposes, a “similar” model will be identified, having particular regard to characteristics such as price
                          range, body type, engine capacity, transmission, fuel type, CO2 emissions etc., by reference to the general motor vehicle guides available at the time of declaration, by consultation where necessary with trade sources and by reference to established precedents. An OMSP will be determined by comparison to the value of the “similar”
                          model, with adjustments being made for increased or decreased specification as appropriate.

The Aristo/GS300 and Altezza/IS200 argument is difficult for Revenue to argue against in the TAC as they are 99% identical. Will see what comes out of this Altezza appeal, hopefully with the volume of Altezzas floating around, a good outcome might help a wider audience to benefit from and maybe start to turn the tables a bit. Big volumes of appeals hitting the TAC desk are the only thing that will change the current situation

Comment

Getting the vrt added back to the calculator at the end would also be a massive win.

I see that the removed GT86s within the last few months.

Comment

Of the many many annoying things about the whole VRT system,removing cars from the system is bloody stupid.

What is their reason for doing it?

Have they not paid for enough memory storage in their systems or something....its just baffling why they operate like that.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X