Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porsche Pre Purchase Inspection recommendations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Porsche Pre Purchase Inspection recommendations

    Wondering if there are any recommendations for a PPI on a porsche I viewed a porsche at the weekend. Car is located in South Dublin. I have rang a few people, but it will be a couple of weeks before they can accomodate me. Feel free to PM me any feedback if preferred.

    Thanks

  • #2
    I seen on Instagram that Dobsportscars done a PPI on the couple of Turbos in Bespoke Motors for someone.

    He could be worth a shout.

    Comment


    • #3
      You beat me to it Donal, Dave (Dobsportscars) done a PPI for me on the 997 turbo. Would certainly recommend him - he knows his Porsche's !
      Rang me after the inspection to give initial thoughts on the car followed up with a written report & pictures and was happy to spend time on the phone with any questions I had after.

      Comment


      • #4
        Specialist Cars, Philly Wright would be pretty good on the Porkers. Have no personal experience with Dobsportscars but he seems very much into the Porsches also.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some people use Porsche for this kind of thing as well. With the added benefit that if it passes or if the failing items are rectified, then it could qualify for Porsche warranty depending on the age etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            I guess you have tried Ken Bolger at Specialist Cars in Chapelizod? I used him for my 987 Boxster with no complaints.
            Specialist Cars Ireland is the leading independent Porsche Service Centre in Ireland, with over 1,300 customers nationwide and beyond.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cold View Post
              Some people use Porsche for this kind of thing as well. With the added benefit that if it passes or if the failing items are rectified, then it could qualify for Porsche warranty depending on the age etc.
              Porsche Centre Dublin do not exactly have what you would call a good reputation for quality of work so not sure would I send it to them for an inspection either

              Comment


              • #8
                Dave (DOB) inspected the 996 turbo I was selling and spent over two hours going over it, I don't think he'd miss anything. Costs were reasonable and he's based near Dublin.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bigboot View Post
                  You beat me to it Donal, Dave (Dobsportscars) done a PPI for me on the 997 turbo. Would certainly recommend him - he knows his Porsche's !
                  Rang me after the inspection to give initial thoughts on the car followed up with a written report & pictures and was happy to spend time on the phone with any questions I had after.
                  Did you buy? I saw the two turbos they had, looked like nice cars.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is Optimum Performance still going in Blanch? http://www.oph.ie/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dave, Philly or Ken, won't go wrong.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dave o Brien would be my recommendation

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lordderak View Post

                          Did you buy? I saw the two turbos they had, looked like nice cars.
                          I sure did, collected it Saturday. Weather was crap so it was it in bit of a state by the time i got back to Cork.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            IMG_8934 (2).jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for all the recommendations folks - got talking to DOB who is going to do it for me.

                              Comment

                              Bottom of thread

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X