Johnny's New TVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny 89 View Post

As long as the car is 30 years old it should qualify. There is some wording about being 'original' or some such too. however, I don't think this is looked at too closely. This is what I was told by my Customs broker:

"Please be advised that Customs Duty is levied on the CIF Ireland value at the rates applicable in TARIC and you will also be liable to pay VAT on import into Ireland.

The standard rate of VAT is 23% on the CIF Dublin Value + any Customs Duties.

As a classic car, if accepted by Customs, then the Duty would be zero and the VAT @ 13.5%"
    Great job,could come in handy at some stage.

Comment

Hi Johnny 89 - my husband used to own K893 VBV! He owned it from about 1998-2001/2. He bought it from a friend who owned it from about 1996-98. I was curious to see whether it was still on the road, so I did a google search and found this thread. It is great to see so much love for the car - and I wanted to tell you more about our adventures. We used it as our wedding car when we got married, and our wedding cake was also modelled on the car. I can send some photos if you're interested. It didn't let us down on the day, but we did have a few big expenses over the years, and the sound of the engine used to drive our neighbours mad 😀.

Comment

Originally posted by emmaandneil23 View Post
        Hi Johnny 89 - my husband used to own K893 VBV! He owned it from about 1998-2001/2. He bought it from a friend who owned it from about 1996-98. I was curious to see whether it was still on the road, so I did a google search and found this thread. It is great to see so much love for the car - and I wanted to tell you more about our adventures. We used it as our wedding car when we got married, and our wedding cake was also modelled on the car. I can send some photos if you're interested. It didn't let us down on the day, but we did have a few big expenses over the years, and the sound of the engine used to drive our neighbours mad 😀.
        Hi Emma and Neil (just a hunch that's your names ),

Wow, thanks for the message, always fantastic to hear from previous owners and I would love to hear any more info. you might have along with the adventures and any old photos.

A Griffith wedding cake, that is cool.. a V8 recording hidden inside would be fantastic I do have a folder of receipts that show that the car had a lot of love over the years. perhaps it was you or the friend who carried out an outrigger replacement, as it was dated around that cross over period.

Looking forward to hearing the stories. Did you replace the Griff with anything?

Also, welcome to Backroads, Ireland's No.1 Motoring Site . You have signed up now so hope you enjoy the site and would be cool to hear any stories you would like to share.

Comment

Isn't that brilliant,that's probably a win for Google search engine right there 😉

Also looking forward to reading about TVR ownership,tales and experiences.

Comment

Yes, you guessed correctly - Emma and Neil!

There would have been quite a few receipts when Neil owned the Griffith. I remember we didn't always agree on his choice of car - seemed a big expense at the time as we were also planning a wedding and a baby😊. Once the Griffith went, sadly we replaced it with a much more sensible car and that trend has continued, 3 children and 2 dogs later!

I'm attaching two photos - the cake and the car. Recently, we had another Griffith cake for our 20th wedding anniversary. Perhaps Neil was trying to tell me something?!

The cake was delicious - and every detail was perfect as you can see!

​
            Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic history!
              We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Originally posted by emmaandneil23 View Post
                I think this must be a record for the most number of likes for a first post. Welcome to the forum. TVR's are a rare enough sight in Ireland, hence the interest in this thread.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                Working...
                X