No announcement yet.

Living with a Leftie (964)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a successful first track day in the 964, a couple of items required addressing, so it was up to Brian Kane for new brake and clutch fluid, new clutch slave cylinder from mpl-tuningparts.de which reduces the required pressure for the clutch by about 30% (it was about 300% of the pressure required to push the pedal in my Golf), and also new oil in the gearbox and both diffs.

Much improved brake feel now, and definitely reduced clutch pressure which will make a difference in traffic....

Next day out is a full day at Kirkistown on the 17th June.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Comment

Fair play to you for getting her out on the track. Good brakes are particularly important up in Kirkistown I believe.

Comment

I love love love the 964s.

How are you finding the LHD working out, when just using it out and about ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mmolloy01 View Post
          I love love love the 964s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Absolutely no issue whatsoever aside from overtaking when behind a van etc. and you can't see the road ahead through the vehicle in front.
          The passenger has a more active role as a spotter which helps, but really you just have to accept that there is a lower potential to overtake, so suck it up and enjoy the exhaust noise !

Comment

Originally posted by mmolloy01 View Post

Hold back a bit to give a better angle. After all you have the power to cover the extra distance when overtaking.
            When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.

Very often that individual is crazy.

Comment

Last week was track day #2 in the 964, this time it was a full day in Kirkistown, and largely in the rain.
              The day was hosted by PCGB and about 10 of us made it up in Irish cars.
              It was my first time in Kirky, and my first track day in the 964 on a wet surface - my car is a Carrera 4, and on normal road tyres, so I reckon the traction was better than some of the higher power cars which were mostly 2wd, so myself and my buddy who came along (and was sharing the driving) had a load of fun on quite an empty track. After a few sessions of learning the track I really settled into getting some consistency on the circuit - looking forward to having a cracking at the track in the dry sometime before too long.
              The only drawback for me is the distance from home - 4 hours each way means that a trip up the night before is required....
              The car never missed a beat driving up, on track, or on the way home, so I am super stoked with it as an all round motorway muncher / track slag /weekend away / backroad car that it seems to be!

Comment

Fair play for using it as intended, I'm sure there are some locked away and afraid to be driven they have increased in value that much.

Comment

Mega. Kirki is a great place to visit, a long haul but some nice places to stay nearby.

The track can be hard on cars with the big stops but I think the 911s shine into Colonial, around Fishermans and out of the Hairpin.

It's great to get a trackday under the belt of a new car. Trial by fire, like.
                  1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                  2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                  2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X