Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mondeo ST220 Estate

So I've had this for about 7 years now.
    It's a original Irish car and the first owner even posts on backroads.
    I really love the car and I doubt I will ever sell it.

I was using it everyday for years but now it's just a very occasional car and only taxed in summer now.
    It also has the honour of being both my children home from the coombe when they were born.

Ive done a few upgrades to it as parts failed, such as when it broke a spring I changed to bilsten dampers and eibach springs.

Then failed cat led to new manifolds and sports cats moved to under the car.

Me and some mates have a road trip planned later this month which has forced a few more changes which I'll update here

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk

The manifolds and pipes

Also i wasn't sure what tyre's to go with. Was between pilot sport 5 or Goodyear F1 supersport. Working in a tyre wholesaler I was able to get both into stock. I've decided on the Goodyear's in the end

Current major job is a braking upgraded to brembo calipers and focus rs discs which I'll post when finished

Comment

Lovely, I can only guess at how rare a ST220 is here never mind in estate form.

Fast estates are just cool..always

I've used the Asymetric 5 this last while which is a pretty decent tyre so the
      SuperSport must be one of the top tyres out now.

Comment

Super cool!

Comment

Absolutely in Love!

Comment

Yes what a car!

Comment

Fantastic machine. Looking forward to updates on it.

Comment

Current job is a brake upgrade.
                It's a relatively common to use these calipers in ford and Mondeo's. The calipers are from a e38 7 series. The 728i had brembo calipers and I think the 725tds also. The discs are for a mk2 focus RS. The pad in this caliper is really common also, used in lots of things from R33 GTR to fiat coupe and lots in between.

Had to use spacers with these also.

Still have to add braided lines and that should be it.

Just have standard pads in right now but thinking about ferodo ds2500 or similar

Comment

Nice use of the oven, perfect fit

Comment

Aw.... this thing.... just fab!

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post

I've used the Asymetric 5 this last while which is a pretty decent tyre so the
                      SuperSport must be one of the top tyres out now.
                      By most accounts supersports and superior to a pilot sport 4s.

The 4s isn't available in my size so the supersport was a no brainer.
                      The pilot sport 5 isn't a performance increase over the pilot sport 4. The Michelin's do look really cool though

Comment

Very cool car, great to see one still on the road and being well looked after.

Comment

I've always loved a sporty estate, and this is in the best colour too. She's a beaut.
                          Comic Sans, the choice of the professional.

Comment

I think I spotted this earlier today on the fairy house road? Gave you a flash from the m3. If so, it has some serious road presence, I could pick it out a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by davkav View Post
                              I think I spotted this earlier today on the fairy house road? Gave you a flash from the m3. If so, it has some serious road presence, I could pick it out a mile away.
                              That was me alright. I was thinking who do I know with a E46 M3! You car looked immaculate though

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X