2006 Mini Cooper S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Mini Cooper S

So having sold the M135i I lasted 4 days until i needed another car. I wanted a hot hatch as a runaround to put a few quid away something else next year. Having ruled out the MK5 GTI I hadnt much hope for a reasonably priced hatch.
    Then this came up for sale, its a 2006 Dark Silver Metalic cooper s with a frankly incredible spec.

Some of the stand outs are the heated leather seats, twin sunroof, Harmon cardon and my favourite the chrono pack. It also has the 25% lsd option which is a riot. The spec list is actually almost a page an a half on the vin decoder printout.

The full miltek sounds awesome with no drone and 200cel gives some lovely pops and grs intake and intercooler with reduction pulley gives it over 200bhp and it feels all of that. Lot of preventative maintenance done if any of you saw the for sale thread on it, strut tower mod, facelift intercooler, expansion tank and a folder of receipts.

The plans for the car are mainly to enjoy it, i washed it when i got it home, treated all the bumper trim with restoration which came up well. The headlights need a buff and paint overall will really need a cut and polish. There was also a box of parts that came along with the car for a few little niggles to be sorted on it so ill get them on in the coming weeks.

The seller is a fellow backroader and a gent, i could tell it was well minded and genuinely loved. Ill take better pics when the paints cleaned up and lights sorted.

image_16151.jpg

image_16152.jpg

Comment

Smashing! These things are excellent!

Comment

I regret ever selling mine. Brilliant cars. I'd recommend reinforcing the suspension strut mounts if not already done. They are notorious for deforming.

Comment

Great to see its gone to a good home, great looking car.

You could tell by the for sale ad on here it was owned by a real enthusiast.

Enjoy brushing up on your go-karting skills over the next few months Dave

Comment

Originally posted by mikerd4 View Post
            I regret ever selling mine. Brilliant cars. I'd recommend reinforcing the suspension strut mounts if not already done. They are notorious for deforming.
            It is done in fact, the car is very well sorted, only really some cosmetic things to tidy thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
              Great to see its gone to a good home, great looking car.

You could tell by the for sale ad on here it was owned by a real enthusiast.

Enjoy brushing up on your go-karting skills over the next few months Dave
              I almost felt bad taking it off him, he looked after the car very much. It is impossible not to drive it with a massive smile on my face, feels faster than the M135i in some ways and the soundtrack coupled with the handling and grip is fantastic. These are really under appreciated cars.

Comment

If you are selling it off next year, give me a shout - will be in the market for one of them from Springtime on. I've owned maybe 30+ cars now since I was 17, this will be the first time I will have gone back to something I've already owned and plan to keep it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by jf_cole View Post
                  If you are selling it off next year, give me a shout - will be in the market for one of them from Springtime on. I've owned maybe 30+ cars now since I was 17, this will be the first time I will have gone back to something I've already owned and plan to keep it forever.
                  Cheers man, youre added to the list of three lads already who want first refusal! Who would have thought a 15 year old mini would be so popular

Comment

Small update, I tore some cartilage in my wrist so progress has been slow at best. I had the car fully decontaminated washed and clay bared. The paint came up very well but its still uniformly dull, I am going to try a polish to see how it responds and try to reinvigorate the clear coat.

Changed the rear boot struts which were tired, new floor mats, new wipers, new cabin filter and while troubleshooting a powersteering issue found a broken ground strap which seems to have sorted the issue.

Next up is replacing the bonnet struts, powersteering reservoir and pipes to the pump, air filter and intake duct and making a decision on a set of alloys for her.

So far loving this car, absolutely fantastic engaging drive, well balanced, that grip from the LSD is brilliant and the unbeatable supercharger noise coupled with the milltek means i drive with the window down even when its 2 degrees outside, lucky it has heated leather seats
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great job.

I look forward to making you an offer you cannot refuse next year

Comment

Working...
                      X