No announcement yet.

Murakami's Menagerie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s an Sti. Loved that era of Scoob tbh, just glad I own one now. Am heading out to storage to drive it Friday and struggled to sleep for thinking about it. Sad as that is.

Comment

Cool collection you've got there. They have a lot of driven wheels between them!
      Sent from my Computer using a fcuking keyboard

Comment

Mini back with all the extra work and repair work done. The Ultra Gauge is in limbo somewhere in the DOD system, but it has passed customs according to their tracking. So, I've taken it easy with the Mini, just in case, however, my first small 20 minute trip in it after bringing it home I realised the fan started up after parking it. Usually a sign of low coolant. When I cam back to the car an hour later I checked the level and noticed quite a bit of dry coolant around the bottle. Mostly around the top of the seam, so I suspected the expansion bottle had split when it overheated, or maybe it even caused the issue in the first place. I decided there was enough coolant to get me home, and sure enough, popped the hood and there was coolant bubbling from the side. New bottle ordered and replaced, so I'm back to waiting for the gauge.

Collecting new wheels for S8 and then collecting S8 to return to storage, should also have an update on Lada then.

The Sti has it's NCT soon and will probably go back to storage then, once I get a little bit of body work sorted on it. Maybe an engine detailing too.

Comment

Mini sorted with Ultra Gauge

Work on Lada started, but it always looked like this.
          Attached Files

Comment

No major news, but we've to close our company down so am prepping the Mini for sale (no commercial insurance anymore)

Comment

Thats :D:D:D:D buzz. Can you not get a group policy under chubb?
              edit. Not group policy but group all the cars under 1 policy under chubb?

Comment

unfortunately, the closure means loss of an income, so I've little option... Not happy about it at all tbh.

Comment

I don’t agree with your man maths but understand the reasons, hope things get back to better situation for you soon.
                  ElDel, “I ask this purely out curiosity DMZ, but did your lack of interest in the generic come from your ownership experience of the Golf R?”

Comment

Working...
                  X