No announcement yet.

Red Mazda RX-7 efini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class Alan. Dont know how I completely missed this thread until tonight!

Comment

Beautiful
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-uk/620346.png

Comment

Lovely FD

Comment

https://youtu.be/GHUnxbazqnQ
          ​​​​​​Looks mint, great resto project , Actual footage of it in motion....
          335i #Team500

Comment

Thanks for that Dan.

So a few minor niggles after I collected it.
            Coolant level buzzer constantly going off, even when the temps and levels were 100%. So it had to be earthed until the new sensor arrives.

The other problem was no working rev counter. This was an asap part to get sorted as with the run in I had to restrict it to 4000rpm.
            A helping hand from a fellow rotary enthusiast, sorted within an hour, slightly moved motor behind the counter.

The current stereo is very loose in the slot, and dont like the empty slot below it, so a double din has been donated to me by a fellow backroader, fab.
            A slight blow in the exhaust was also sorted yesterday by the lads in Auto exhausts in Sundrive, sound out.

A few other minor bits to get through, but that's to be expected on a 26 year old car.

Other than that, it runs great and I'm loving it so far

Comment

Looking fantastic and sounding great in that video.

Never realised you had 99 spec rear lights before now

Comment

Originally posted by Chawkie View Post
                Looking fantastic and sounding great in that video.

Never realised you had 99 spec rear lights before now
                Me neither😂😂

Comment

So, I haven't really racked up many miles since I got the car back on the road , maybe 800km in total. Full run in is about 2500km, so maybe early next year.
                  I found it very cramped inside, my knees where nearly wedged in between the steering wheel and the handbrake.

Ended up doing a simple mod, drilling out a rivet and a dimple on the seat rail. Worked out well, was able to push the seat back another 2 inches.

Next is a really good alarm with some nice features and a custom oem looking exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Last edited by mrquattro; 28-10-2021, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Really nice example. Thinking about an alarm for the AE86 myself and have no idea where to go or anything.

Comment

I should be getting it installed next week. If I'm impressed with it, I'll pm you the details.

Comment

Thanks for that. Are you going for central locking or anything like that or just standard alarm/immobiliser motion sensors etc?

Comment

The works. 1 of my motors is toast, so 2 new motors included.

Comment

Thats what I'm looking for as well. Best of luck with it.

Comment

So I just got fed up at looking at the mazda in the unit, decided to blow off some of its cobwebs.
                              Did about 120km around the dublin and wicklow mountains
                              I had thoughts of selling it on, which you would if you don't get out and enjoy it. Amazing how you feel about a car after a nice spin.
                              I'm still on the run in period and can only rev to 5000rpm out of the 8000rpm available. In the rainy conditions, that worked out just right, and the 2nd bigger turbo only starts at 5500rpm.
                              Usual stop off at the wicklow Heather for a chat and food.
                              Great day, when most would have said no way in those conditions.

Comment

There's a very definite level of respect that comes with a turbo that kicks in at 5500 rpm

Comment

Working...
                                X