No announcement yet.

Red Mazda RX-7 efini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan O’Neill in Cork is a genius with Rotary engines. Would be worth giving him a shout. As far as I know he is the only guy actively using a rotary at competitive drifting in Ireland.
    Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Originally posted by Chawkie View Post
      Are you planning to keep it original rebuild wise and overall with the car? It's a pretty original looking version.

You probably already know but full new crate engines still available from Mazda. Rebuild be cheaper though I reckon
      Yea, want to keep it as near to oem as possible. I have the original airbox there too. Hopefully get a smaller back box too, as the current toyosport is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Bear View Post
        Alan O’Neill in Cork is a genius with Rotary engines. Would be worth giving him a shout. As far as I know he is the only guy actively using a rotary at competitive drifting in Ireland.
        Sounds great, would you be able to PM me any contact details?

Comment

Epic. Was in one when they were newish back I the day. Always amazed at how quick they were.

And a MO plate too..... ��

Comment

MO for Move Over?

Comment

Stunning Alan , happy motoring
              Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
              http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Comment

So, this is the opposite of my 1st picture, this time it's a tow truck taking it away.
                Open heart surgery for it now, and hopefully I'll be pottering about in her by early July.
                Decided to keep it oem, no street or bridge porting.
                Hopefully I will be able to document it here if possible.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

It's new home for the next 3 to 4 weeks, in Shadow rotary.
                  Anthony said he has no problem with me dropping in and updating this thread with pictures and progress, sound.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

How long ago did you book it in? Trying to gauge lead time because I've heard they can be poor to get in contact with

Comment

A month or so. 3 engines in before mine.
                      Once booked, communication is good.

Comment

So, the engine is out and I'm heading over tomorrow afternoon to help open up the block, see exactly what the fault was and see what the damage is, physically and financially lol.

Comment

Hopefully nothing untoward but I don’t think these are going to drop in value anytime soon, be money well spent regardless
                          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

I have accounted for a worse case scenario.

Comment

That’s class Alan, lovely to see one not really modified too.

Comment

Thanks Garrett. I'm even getting rid of the Toyosport exhaust and getting one that's more oem and quieter.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X